Ultralight jet

“If you had the chance to buy an Ultralight Jet type aircraft, what would your prefe  

26 members have voted

1. 1. “If you had the chance to buy an Ultralight Jet type aircraft, what would your prefe

• side by side seating (with lower performance); or
    • tandem seating (with higher performance)"

“If you had the chance to buy an Ultralight Jet type aircraft, what would your preferred seating arrangement be;

(1) side by side seating (with a lower performance); or

(2) tandem seating (with a higher performance)"

Blackhawk

Well side by side is nice if your my size.... I'm the walking match stick type apparently! so I'm told... It's quite good in the ultralight scene though....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

So I'd probably go for side by side.......024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I think a small Fu24 Fletcher like ultralight would be great...In my opinion and from my limited knowledge it seems to me that the major advantage of Turbine engines is reliability..

Guest AirBorne Flights

i will take the side by side, so i can see the look on my passengers face hehehe 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Criso

Guest Walter Buschor

forget the passenger. I would rather carry a bit of fuel and actually fly somewhere.

love the idea though.

I should be a replica of the "real thing" .

the grey nomad

Guest ozzie

Hey Tracktop

i have ben looking at those RC model micro jets. two of the Olympus 55lb jobs will give me 35lbs more thrust than the 2 strokes i'm using at the moment. Easy as to retrofit. might upset the guys in Canberra tho.

From a technical point of view, assuming that an ultralight jet would have the engine in the rear, you would then put the pilot up front to balance it.

If however you wanted to carry a passenger, due to the overall light weight of the craft, the passenger would have to sit on the centre of gravity, ie; tandem.

You CAN have side by seating up front if you really want, but only if you are prepared to carry around a ballast weight to retrim the aircraft between solo and two up flight.

Arthur.

Guest Qwerty

Fraid not ladies. Jet engines are specifically excluded from Recreational category.

Please excuse the lack of reference. I will see if I can find it.

Qwerty

Guest Qwerty

Sorry, I can't find the reference but I am certian that Jet and multi engines are named as exclusions to Recreational category.

Qwerty

CAO 95.55 says "the aeroplane has 1 propeller, 1 engine and a maximum of 2 seats" a few times. No problem, you can get around that by carrying a propellor as luggage.

Unfortunately, CAO 101.55 says it only applies to "a single engine propeller driven aeroplane".

So, unless you can argue that an impellor is close enough to a propellor, it would appear to be excluded.

Don't get carried away with delusions of Jets as in JETS.

If you would all please put your glasses on and read the top thread; it say's in plain english and black and white,

JET "TYPE" AIRCRAFT

I have not mentioned Jet Engines at all.

Guest ozzie

Ducted fans, inefficient, hard to design and build to get the close tolerances needed between the duct and fan blades. hard to work on the powerplant that usually obstructs the airflow. require high rpm's so noise becomes an issue. need long take off rolls as acceleration is poor compared to prop. prefer tubo prop.