Headset Hunt

Guest studentbiggles

:wave:Hi Darky, I'm also in the same situation as you about buying headsetsi_dunno.....Lucky for you that you don't live out in the middle of the sticks???....I've been lookng for sometime now and have found a middle range set...Fligtcom Classic ANR for $600 on a site.....Please let me know what you think of these when your out shopping around, cos I'm thinking they will be fine for now then I'll upgrade to L/S or equal in the future (Flightcom will go into R/H seat???)....Is your headset you use in trainer plain a bit old an ordinary like mine....every time I adjust the mic closer to my mouth I get that disturbing thought:rolleyes1:....Spit,vomit, SWINE FLU???..:yuk:Keep it in the Green Girlfriend:thumb_up:....Chat soon with your thoughts Cheers Studentbiggles

Hey there StudentBiggles,

I will do my best to remember to check out the Flightcom for you when I'm out hunting...I can't promise to remember though, I can be terribly forgetful at times!

The ones in the trainer are pretty ordinary. I hadn't thought of that about the mic, won't that be a lovely thought when I fly next! :)

... won't that be a lovely thought when I fly next ...

Yep - reason I invested in my own headset pretty much from the start!

My choice was a relative cheapie - the Altronics C9070. My instructor had the same one and reckoned it was pretty good, so that was good enough for me.

When I (finally) get my certificate, I'll lash out on a more expensive set.

I figure I may as well get the best I can afford now rather than getting a cheaper one and then buying a more expensive one later and ending up with two....

I'm booked in for 10am Wednesday 12th, will you be around Graeme?

I was having a hard time getting it to stall at all!

Yep - I remember one where the instructor kept on telling me to pull back harder to make it stall, eventually we both looked at the VSI and realised we were well and truly stalled!

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

I've been lookng for sometime now and have found a middle range set...Fligtcom Classic ANR for $600 on a site.....

Clear Prop...$595 :big_grin:

Google has it as 9.30am to 5pm 7 days - not sure how reliable that is!

Website‎: Moorabbin Pilot Shop

Hours‎: Open Daily 9:30am-5pm

Payment Accepted‎: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Visa

Description‎: Pilot Supplies Lightspeed Jeppesen Pilot communications Bob Taits Dyson Holland

Email‎: [email protected]

Provided by the business owner‎

Mon: 9:30am – 5pm

Tue: 9:30am – 5pm

Wed: 9:30am – 5pm

Thu: 9:30am – 5pm

Fri: 9:30am – 5pm

Sat: 9:30am – 5pm

Sun: 9:30am – 5pm