Electronic CO detectors anyone?

jetjr

Im looking at getting a small electronic CO detector - It is small enough to go on a keyring, batteries last up to 2 years, has loud alarm and flashing light, alarm goes off at different levels of CO, calculates culmulative exposure too, Auto off after 12 hrs.

They do under read a bit at 10000ft, but this shouldnt be an issue for most.

Cost $179 USD delivered each, or I can get them for ~ $140 USD if I order 10x

Anyone interested

I can send data sheets etc.

Cheers

JR

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Jetji, I'll have one to......I'll add it to my plane when I get it ???....I been researching these units on sites and they go up to $220, these sound great value and remembering a lot of us fly solo....I know I will be in the future and they are a definite must have on board...Only was discussing this with my CFI the other week

Fly Safe Cheers Alley...Studentbiggles

This is the one I found,

Gives a reading of CO, very small (67x35x15) 28g, battery operated, and does the calcs for time vs dose ie, 400ppm for 10 min may not be as bad as 120ppm for 1 hr

Has alarms for this too

Sensor is replacable, as is battery, 2 yr warranty

Im getting a few so far. Price is down to $150 USD - if I get to 10 price drops alot maybe to $100 USD

JR

1674512880_PCO300SpecSheetr1.5_page1_image1.jpg.e037de2476f3b539d3f519c13e4eefab.jpg

Guest Maj Millard

Yes, I do like the idea of an electronic Co2 detector, and I have noticed them on the market in the states. Definitly something I would like in my cockpit.

Cost ?, well the way I've been putting money into the plane lately (GPS ELB, transponder-bargan at $1000, couldn't refuse, etc,etc.) I would like to pay around 50-60 AUS $, 100 at the most. Sorry to sound stingy but that's all I could afford right now.

Until things get better it will have to be the fresh air vent wide open for me !!

I'm on it but I would like to raise the question of life span.

For say $130 US which is at 0.80c conversion = $162.50 plus battery costs

For example an 18mth detector costs $15.95 from Clear Prop which for $162.50 you would get over 15 years worth of detection without the cost of batteries. If you use different aircraft you could just stick it on your flight plan folder or kneeboard. If you lose it then the outlay again isn't that much.

Is the electronic ones false economy?

Guest mike_perth

No electronic is not false economy when the one in your knee board cahnges color and your not looking at it as you are on the verge of passing out and dying because your already affected a loud alarm will hopefully alert you and youll react to fix the issue

Hi GuysFYI Spruce have these detectors for $US129:95 each.

MODEL 300 POCKET CO from Aircraft Spruce

Perhaps Ian can get a good price through his contacts which should save on freight costs.

Mark

Yep this is plus freight - they charge plenty for this, Id guess ~ $40 US

If I can get up to 10, it should be below $120 US - landed Australia

I already plan on talking to Ian to raise order number - keep in mind Ian has to make money on his, unfortunately Im not.

JR

• 4 weeks later...

CO detector - small electric

These have arrived, look good, very small, and have flashing red light and screen which can calculate exposure and alarm - ie not just alarm at a high level but low level for a long time also

Auto run for 12 hr then shuts off

$160 Aud delivered, I have a few left

JR