thruster instruction

Guest fly

Hi adam , thanks for reply

unfortunately Wally is moving, very soon,

although the school will continue, not quite sure what wally's future plans will be.

..............Fly

• 8 months later...

G'day Fly, Peter Stanton flies out of Boonah he is a great instructor on thrusters.

Would have to be in your own thruster though as they don't have one available.

• 8 months later...

Thruster instructors and training aircraft are certainly hard to come by now. I was talking with some guys who called in to the hangar at Northam last Saturday. They were asking questions about training on the Thruster and I couldn't think of a training Thruster in operation right now - pity really, but a sign of the times.

Pud

Thruster training. Pretty hard to find, I would think. Technically you don't need a seperate endorsement for aircraft on the RAAus register. You only need to be tailwheel / nosewheel and low speed endorsed and some or all, of this could be in a GA plane. PRACTICALLY, with the thruster, don't let this stop you buying one. Make sure that it is set up well and flys like it should. ( Get someone who knows them well to fly it). Read ALL the TOSG handling talk and absorb it. and fly something like a Savage Cub till you are "good" at it and go for the thruster. They were no two seaters till about 1986-7 anyhow, which was the first time I flew one. Tailwheelers are becoming a lower percentage of the total all the time. Don't let that put you off, if you are thinking of going that way. Nev

A bit further North but easy access by commercial flight is Palmyra just outside Mackay.

Matt's Flying School has just recently opened and so far been using a Texan and has a Savanah arriving at the end of the month... BUT... Matthew owns a Thruster and has another in his hanger which I recently did a few hours in with him... They are certainly a nice aircraft and Matthew loves his Thruster. Give him a call and I am sure he would be able to help.

Matthew – 0437 833 752

Thank goodness because what we don't need is another wanna be GA school flying under the Ra-Aus banner... lol