RA in Canberra

DarkSarcasm

Hey all,

I'm probably going to be spending 2-4 weeks in Canberra over the summer. I'd like to fly on weekends over that time if possible.

Are there any RA airports in/close to Canberra city with a flying school where I could book a few lessons (just circuits or whatever)? I'd just like to be able to fly if possible :)

This is probably a silly question, but are there any issues with just having a few lessons at a different school to usual? Are there any issues with training records or logbooks or anything?

Any help would be great.

- Darky:cool:

Hi Darky.

The closest is Goulburn (110k north), Cooma (110k south), Moruya (170k east), Adaminaby (170k south) or Tumut (200k west by road - only 60 by air).

There's no RA flying in Canberra.

There should be no issues in taking a few lessons with someone else. It can be vey useful to get a different teaching approach and change of scenery.

You might be able to get a Cheetah experience while you're here if you like. It's highly recommended.:cool_shades:

Cheers,

Ross

Sneaky :thumb_up:

I may well take you up on your offer! :) First just have to organise if and when I'll actually be getting to Canberra.

Also, since you fly out of Goulburn, do you know of any schools there that I could book a lesson at if I get to Canberra?

Thanks volksy :) I'll email them once I know what I'm doing. What I'm hoping (if I go to Canberra) is on one weekend to book a lesson at Goulburn and, if Slarti's kind offer is still open, maybe have a fly with him before/afterwards if he can manage it. Now I just need to see if I'll actually be getting to Canberra!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Finally it's all confirmed (well, pretty much anyway) - I'm going to be in Canberra from 21st Feb - 12th March. So now it's time to plan my flying! (always the most important point)

I'll have to send Teraya an email and see if I can work something out there...by the look of it on google maps, Goulburn has a sealed runway, so it should be a good experience :)

Slarti, is your kind offer of a ride in the Cheetah still open? 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

And when I've organised this important part of my trip, I should probably start looking into those other pesky things like accommodation 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Slarti, I may have said this before but I think the Cheetah is one fine looking aircraft, you deserve much success with it.

Darky , are you aware that Slartis' other nick name is 'chester the molester' !!!!high_5.gif.95ee4a47273086425b8f5a9eab7ee024.gif :patch:008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif