Awesome camera

motzartmerv

Hey. I have found an exellent camera for those who want to do some inflight filming. Its called a gopro hero.. Tiny little thing, it comes with various mounts and is designed for sports, ie, racecars, motorbikes, surfboards etc. The suction cup mount is super strong and we have tested it up to about 120 kts. We made a little promo video for the club with it.. check it out..

ps, dont bust my chops over the beach takeoff.. we had a low oil pressure indication and thought it would be wise to put it down and investigate..:peepwall:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest burbles1

Ya had to put the wing drop video in, didn't ya?

Seriously, that seems like a pretty neat cam. Have you got plans to put it in the cockpit for training? Could be useful for a DVD of sorts.

Haha. That one was barely a wingdrop. I purposfully left the next stall out of the video, it was a propper wingdrop and doesnt look too friendly from that angle.

Yea, the next model camera up is the HD version and comes with mic in ability. Im thinking of getting that one..

By the way, the cam with all the mounts is only $230..

Merv,

Where did you purchase this camera and mount from mate, is it available in the major retail stores or did you get it off ebay ?.

Looks like a beaut little camera which could stick on the pod of the trike.

Cheers

Alf

Merv,Where did you purchase this camera and mount from mate, is it available in the major retail stores or did you get it off ebay ?.Alf

I second the question..... I want one!

Redair.

Guest drizzt1978
Oregon also have similar products which I thought were highlighted on the site a while backOutdoor : Oregon Scientific

I have the ATC3K but haven't used it in the plane yet. Only downside of this one is it doesn't have good night vision (do any?)

Have a mate that has tested both for race cars, and he swears buy the Hero cams!

great vid, i like the idea of actually using tuffs in the stall, i might strt doing something similar. do the tuffs make any difference to performance? increase stall speed? create wing drop?

oh, and is the mount you used the suction cup one? i will order the camera soon.

thanks again..

Rob, the tuffs don't seem to do much at all to performance. The best thing to use is wool strands, but we didnt have any on the day. The mount was the suction cup. I was concerned at first that it wouldnt hold, so the first test was with the cam way out on the wing so it wouldnt hit anything if it came off, and some very close tight circuits flown. My mate had some very powerfull binoculars to see where it fell off, but alass, she stayed solid as a rock.. Slowly got braver and braver and moved the camera to more interesting positions.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...