Dinner with CASA's CEO John McCormick

wags

Discussion.

I couldn't contemplate a 75 dollar dinner nor can I get there. Those who can should make the greatest opportunity to get their message across in the clearest possible way. Numbers and noise do not make an argument. Presentation and logic and fact and an appeal to fairness and reason are some of the ingredients that do. In my view, he has judged this movement harshly. WE do certainly not rate as a high priority in the things that he feels he must tackle. We are however, the fast growing section of aviation.

No doubt plenty of people have been in his ear, with propaganda adverse to our cause. I personally know this to be the case.There is a Turf war going on out there He has yet to prove himself in the administrative job that he has taken on. When he says "R" stands for Regulator he is saying that he is the boss. We really do know that already. Has the RAAus stand on ADSB been a thorn in their side?, Does he consider that we are so essentially primitive that we don't deserve airspace? Does he realise that there are plenty of "real" pilots like he maybe considers himself to be. who come from the same background as he has and who are not much older than he is, who have chosen to round off their flying careers by flying RAAs aircraft. Is flying only for the well-heeled? Is there room in the sky for skilled people to design and fly something of their own creation without it having to be saddled with as much red tape as a jumbo jet? These are questions relating to the "big" picture. There appears to have been a big cessation of expectation or change of direction. Why has this happened, REALLY.. Can we get the FACTS.. Nev

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tango Charlie 123 and the other site members who have responded re our dinner

To answer your question Peter, if you can give us a definate yes that you are coming we can hold your tickets at the door, we have a minium amount of people we must have to make it all work,but we can exceed that by up to 50 if need be.Naturally the earliest you can let us know the better but we will accept last minute bookings as we are really keen to make an impression with numbers,thats providing of course its not all booked out.

Its going to be an exciting evening and we are really looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Thanks

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

Major Aviation Event

Hi Everyone,

In regard to the dinner we have a few seats left and you will be able to purchase your tickets at the door,we just request that you send us an email to let us know that you are coming so we know how many meals need to be served on the night.

So if you are within driving distance of Noosa,we would love to see you attend.This is a major aviation event,not weather related if you can get there or not,and you never know your presence may make a difference to what could be decided by CASA for the RAA and what you personally may or may not be allowed to do in your own aircraft.

Ok, why not make the decision to come?,you will be fed a delicious 3 course meal,we have two speakers to listen too which includes the gentleman that can influence all the flying we may be doing in the future. Sure there is a cost involved something the same as couple tanks of fuel for your aircraft,or half an hours flying time if you are hiring from a flying school,but if we do not show some interest now who knows what it may cost us further down the track

I shall look forward to your email letting us know that you are coming to [email protected] or phone me on 0419 784 715.

See you there

Jennifer

Hi Becky, their are a few of us that would have liked to go, but unfortunately, we have a very important meeting at Boonah, on the same evening. Thankyou for flying the flag for us, at the meeting. Kind Regards Daryl

Thanks Daryl,for letting us know that several of you would have liked to have come,that does mean something to all of us at Gympie,who have been working to make this night a big success.

Enjoy your evening at Boonah.

Regards

Jennifer