Inbound ...

pdriussi

Hi everyone,

My name is Pete, I'm from nortern NSW. I am currently a SPL with Northern Rivers Aero Club in Lismore. Did a bit of flying in Townsville prior to moving to the beautiful North Coast area and joined up with the club there.

I am also considering a kit to build, something cheap and nimble, low wing and hopefully aluminium/fibreglass but yet to decide which way I will go.

Currently flying a Jab 170, done a few hours in a Jab 230, and for my time in Townsville I was with GA in Cessna 150 and 172.

Will see you all around the forum and maybe some day in the air too.

Hi Pete, welcome to our forums.

Just looking through "Just Landed" to make sure no-one missed out on a welcome from the general membership.

Have you heard of/looked at the Morgan Sierra kit? It may fit your requirements, and Aussie made. There's a few flying, seem surprisingly robust, and owner-builders sound pretty happy with them. Just ask Slartibartfast (Admin).

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hey Slarti. Isn't there an all metal Cheetah in Gary's hangar, built by Peter I think but I could well be wrong there. It looked good to me when I was there in Feb.

Yes Ian. It was built by John. To me, it is a 4 cylinder Sierra, but he calls it a Cheetah. He added a fair bit here and there, including flaps, and it came out at least 50Kg heavier than mine, but still climbs really well and cruises at 110Kn. It is a very nice aeroplane.

Not a bad flight envelope - stalls at 22 knots and cruises at 110.

Thanks everyone,

Had a look through the Morgan Aeroworks site and all the posts on here about the cheetah and sierra and they sure do look a nice little plane. Definitely something I will consider. Also have Lightwing just 5 mins drive from my house too so makes that an option too but costs become an issue with their particular aircraft that would be of interest to me. More research required and more flying time required!

Always a pleasure, Pete. In the end it's your decision, Slarti & I both acknowledge that. I certainly don't have anything to gain from promoting ANY aircraft whereas Ross does from the aspects of personal experience, locally supplied, cost effectiveness, efficiency of operation, local after sales service etc, etc.

As you say it's up to you to gain personal experience with a few makes & models before your final decision.

Decca.

024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hang on, that probably doesn't sound like it was meant to. Ross probably doesn't have anything to gain either. It's just that he's had experience with the supplier, and the kit build under the supplier's supervision.

Decca.

PD

There are lots of kits out there and my advice which the others will back me up on I am sure is.

DONT RUSH IN, TAKE YOUR TIME TO DECIDE.

Maybe I am a bit slow but it took me 4 years before I finally knew for sure what type of flying I wanted to do and which aircraft would best do that for me in my price range.