this is a first for me

DAVID SEE

I hope you read slow because I write slow and type even slower, the old two finger trick My wife Liz and I live on a cattle property just north of Theodore QLD.We rent one of the houses on the property, and the owner of the block flies a Trike. I own and fly both a Lightwing reg. 25-035 and fisher 303 reg. 10-133 the airstrip is right at the house. When Liz is in the office with me soon I'll get her to stick a couple of pics of the place on here, the biggest mistake I made in Aviation was not learning to fly earlier in life. I did my T.I.F. in april 2003 at 53yrs. of age, but am now enjoying rec. flying more than anything I've done before...Never think your too old or too young to learn. cheers Davo.:thumb_up:

Hi David, welcome to our forums.

You're only as old as you feel mate. I've got 10 years on you (or is it the other way round?) & you're way ahead of me. That's prob my fault for not thinking positively, like you have.

You're in good company here, and looking forward to your answers to Dexter's questions.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Welcome

Hi Davo,

Saw your opening post and had to reply.

I too got my licence (in the UK) in 2003. I was given a taster as a present from my wife. I warned her at the time it was something I'd wanted to do for years but money, kids......... Now in Oz I'm fulfilling another ambition to build my own plane. Hard work and sometimes frustrating but I'll get there. I've found on this site you'll always get an answer to any question. There's always someone who knows the answer or knows someone else who does.

Welcome,

Paul Toone

G'day David.

I will have to see if I can find your strip on Google Earth. I get down into that country fairly often when I bushwalk at Isla Gorge, but can't place Frog Hollow.

G'day David.I will have to see if I can find your strip on Google Earth. I get down into that country fairly often when I bushwalk at Isla Gorge, but can't place Frog Hollow.

Mate that easy, don't worry about the GPS, just cup your hand near your ear, and listen for the croaking noises.

Hope you find this info really helpful:question:

Rgds

Alan

Sorry David, I forgot to say welcome, the pommy humour kicked in too fast, it always gets me in strife.

At 66, antibiotics can't cure my love of flying, and don't I want it to.

Sounds to me like you've got it made mate, your own planes and a lovely wife to clean the bugs off the windsreen, what more could a man wish for?

Hi people, thanks for the welcome. In answer to your q's yes it is good having a strip at the back door. The property is 2,000 acres, primarily cattle breeding with some grain

I'm a grader operator in the Moura mine, 10min. drive from home, we moved here four and a half yrs ago and I bought my first plane (the fisher) a couple of months after we got here. Frogs hollow is the property name and the owners were kind enough to allow me to establish the air strip and even provided me with a (very, very) old grader to use. My passion for flying stirred an interest in the owner of the property to learn to fly himself and he now has a trike and has put an airstrip on his other property and we fly every chance we get. In may 09. I bought the lightwing and have clocked up 65hrs. in it so far.

Isla Gorge is 55k by road south of us.