Coast JOY Flight - Dec 27

PaulN

Guest Fred Bear

Paul. Love the pics mate! This is what recreational aviation is all about! :)That CT looks fantastic inside too. Seems there was just enough wind to make the vis fantastic too. Well done!;)

Sorry guys, esp Ian. I seemed to have been the catalyst for a lot of problems 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif 025_blush.gif.8e2ecc192cc98853ac4370dddcd7cf74.gif Paul

- No mate, actually a thanks, it is good to find out the problems now so I can fix them all up, nearly at the end of it all, just need Dipankar to come back from holidays to fix the IE front back problems and things should be settling down to a great forum

I have been off air, so to speak, while my computer was upgraded. Someone wondered if I had emptied my cache. I did indeed. I got rid of everything and started with a clean slate and then imported bookmarks back to Firefox. So far so good.

Paul....thanks for the photos..that NSW coast south of Sydney sure is picturesque. You have inspired us to bring the the CT across one day and have a closer look as I only ever got to see it from 35000 ft enroute SYD - HBA.

On another matter, I saw that you had an inflateable lifejacket on your belt......I need to buy a couple to fly to Rottnest Island and Thevenard Island early in 2007. Any ideas where the best place is to buy them and do they have a 'shelf life'?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

When you get around to tripping east in CTD please keep us informed, it may be nice to spend some time with you and perhaps do some flying in company ... if I can keep up with you. I know you'll love some of the scenery on offer around these parts. Never know, you might find a nugget or two around Bendigo while over here, but you'd better bring a bigger plane 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif.

It's still on our minds to do that around Oz trip this winter, plans are still very loose though. We'll keep you informed and maybe catch up with you on that side of the island.

If anyone reading this has any (whatsoever) tips to offer re planning an around Oz trip, please don't keep them to yourselves. 092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif

Re the bouyancy vests, stand by CTD, I'll get back to you on that. I've forgotten the brand name and the paper work is archived too deep to find in a hurry. Next time I'm at the airport (soon I hope) I'll get the details and come back to you.

Happy New Year,

Paul

Hi again Dave,

The life jackets were supplied by RFD, they have a couple of outlets in WA. Our's are Hoover (FV35E-H) Quick Donning Helicopter Life Jackets for around $150 ea. They are labelled as requiring annual re-certification.

You asked for a pic of the 40mm inspection port I had to make near the wing root. Hope these will do.

Cheers,

Paul

949516003_AccessPort1.jpg.752b44e288b02a95b16f787ac160e5a4.jpg

1854587112_AccessPort2.jpg.f3352f7de025792818f41162d4e3d892.jpg

Paul,

Thanks for the information re: lifejackets....will check it out with the suppliers over here. Annual certification eh! ....sounds expensive, but then would probably seem pretty cheap if it came to the crunch and you had to use them for real.

The photos of the fuel line are a great help...thanks, will investigate mine.

Regards & Happy New Year

Dave