Coast JOY Flight - Dec 27

PaulN

Steve, my son, has been holding out for ages now to take a trip with me, a wish put on hold while the CT was under repairs. So, took a "window in the weather" opportunity today and headed for the coast.

From Cooma to Moruya where we put down for a few minutes (in the middle of choppers coming and going during the Sydney-Hobart race rescues), then on to Montague Island for an orbit at 500' before touching down at Merimbula for morning tea (ducking canopy drops), then back over the hills to put down on the Bombala grass strip for a wee break and back up and on home to Cooma. All up 2.7 hours flt time ... and all wonderful. By the end of the day our faces were hurting from the permanent smiles :big_grin: :big_grin: . What a great way to enjoy each other's company, hard to beat ;) .

Still smiling,

Paul

Inlet.jpg.f7a9e8041dd2381668e375345565038b.jpg

1854760135_MontyIsland.jpg.fbd9b4bec759d20354e12b6a20748681.jpg

Panel.jpg.d3308768acabf91c5a60f5e1c1ecdd95.jpg

2127947347_SteveandPaul.jpg.86e6ad1fa2355e69486eed2be1ef8c3c.jpg

440009549_ThePlan.jpg.d002142a5b49312cda7a5f2b07b788f9.jpg

Waves.jpg.7906a171281aafc5542035139a0f9e97.jpg

Now that looks like an awesome trip Paul. Thanks for sharing.

Great that you have your wings back. It must have nearly killed you being grounded for so long.

I missed you again at YCOM yesterday. Adrian and I got some T&Gs in from 18:45 before some approaching squalls made the ground a more advisable place to be.

Got any more pics (now that you've worked out how to post them)?

Ross

Hi Paul,,

I saw you yesterday at Moruya, I was flying around in the yellow Gazelle. What a great day it was down the coast yesterday, three helicopters coming in and out all morning and the weather was just great. And such a nice coastline to fly over. Should have followed you down to Montague Island.

Bob

Bob, if only I had known it was you up there ... heard you on 126.7 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif. We must figure a way forum members can make ourselves known when visiting an area. It would be great to catch up with each other like this. Any ideas out there? :;)5: :;)5:

Peter, you bet 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif. The CT is so roomy both height and width. I'm 180cm and I have the seat located in its foremost position with plenty of leg room, so someone taller would have no trouble choosing any of four seat positions further back.

Ross, we'll have to catch up one day soon. How's the PIO going?

Paul

Ian will fix it when he gets in. He must be out or he already would have.

According to the page source, the calls to the server page which handles it (attachment.php) are still there, so something is wrong server-side.

Upshot - don't repost them until Ian has a look.

Instead, post some more shots after he fixes it Paul. They were great.

Ross

OUT?? Ian's not allowed to go out. We need him 24/7.

-Sorry guys, had all my friends over today for a barby (all 3 of them - Corrine Caitlin and Lachlan 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif) Corrine made me turn the PC off so this is the first I have heard of it.Let me have a look and get back to you

Still missing for me Ian. It was the same at work.

Where there were thumbnails or full size images, there is now space.

I'll do some more poking.....

Ian - cleared cache and cookies and still no images.

Double edit: tried IE6 (found it somewhere on PC) and still no images.

Houston - we have a problem.

Bug in the php?

I can now see the thumbnails. At the top of this post I can click-on and enlarge photos from Paul's CT. I couldn't do this an hour ago.

Ian, at the bottom of the page under "Posting Rules" we are shown whether certain functions are On or Off. Mine are On except the HTML code line which is Off. How do we turn that On?

Damn it - that would have to have worked wouldn't it - I tried a last resort thing and if that has now worked which seems like it has means I am going to have to go through every single post in all the forums and download every image and then upload them back into the post so it is in the new image posting system and not getting confused between two different systems.

The night I was going live the images caused huge grief as they wouldn't import across to the new forums - I had to do several imports which cost me a lot of time with the end result I had to use two image systems so it seems they are just not working together - damn it, damn it, damn it - oh well time to close the office door and take the phone off the hook

Now that sucks. Does that theory explain how they could be visible for a while and then disappear? Do you need more testing before you wade into all that work? Any way I can help?

Galpin, I suspect HTML code is turned off globally because it can be messy and dangerous to allow on forums. BTW - I have relatives in your neck of the woods. My dad grew up in Hopetoun and my gran still lives there. I'm sure there are some in Horsham.

Ross

Ross, it was a job I was going to do down the track a bit when I clean everything up but I had hoped it would work until then.

Yes correct, the HTML is turned off as it is a severe security risk to members