Bearly possible - surely not!

Ausmo

Received this by email today.............034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

Aus

From a friend up in Alaska, another of the 1001 uses for duck tape.

Quite the repair job!! A friend sent these to me.

Apparently a bear attacked his plane while parked in a remote field up here in AK. He had not cleaned out the inside after a long fishing trip and the bear smelled it. He had 2 new tires, 3 cases of Duct Tape and several rolls of cellophane delivered. Then went about repairing the plane so he could fly it home. Gutsy to say the least.

Just part of the food chain up here... smiles

bear2.jpg.82f8bbf426fe6d41550ed5d38704fe93.jpg

bear1.jpg.27618deed452f1bc32a3eb321302fb83.jpg

1363821284_bear3.jpg.71fadc114874210cda657dc24e9c788e.jpg

1762281689_bear4.jpg.a7933fa531770491b196d27344b48ed9.jpg

1758856399_bear6.jpg.86046d440c7d7c2f05dc5a1856f2f609.jpg

Maybe everyone should keep a roll or two handy for that next recover job. A pity it only comes in grey as you would'nt need to paint it otherwise. All the same, would'nt it tear your heart out to see this when you show up at the airfield first thing in the morning.

Funny you should bring this up i was talking about this at work yesterday and it was said to me, some on tv tested duct, they put 100 strips of it over a lifting strong arm and without going under neath, just sticking to the sides of the load it weighted 10 ton, and the duct tape held it for 24 mins before it dropped.

I didnt see it but i could believe it, they dont call it 100mph tape for nothing.

Maybe everyone should keep a roll or two handy for that next recover job. A pity it only comes in grey as you would'nt need to paint it otherwise. All the same, would'nt it tear your heart out to see this when you show up at the airfield first thing in the morning.[/quoteI keep a roll in the Lightwing and I have had cause to use it. I got a couple of tears in the wing from sticks in a paddock. There were three or four tears about a foot long each. I taped the holes up and kept going. Geat stuff. :thumb_up:

When I was plumbing a mate held down a couple of lengths of sewer pipe on his work ute with duct tape (100mph tape ) and took it up to the ton. The sewer pipe stayed in place and did'nt move a bit. All this was just to test the 100 mph therory.

That rescue tape looks so good it reminds me of the stuff my father invented. He was an industrial chemist and invented the ultimate solvent, unfortunately nobody has seen him or his laboratory since 1967.