Pacific Flyer Monthly Photo Competition - December 2009

Scottw

Excellent landing technique. Plenty of power, nice nose high attitude, side slip to see where he's going. He should touch down in a nice three point atitude, maybe the tail wheel might touch just lightly ahead of the mains. Overall good work from this pilot.:thumb_up:

Congratulations to Matt (or was it really Kaz?!) on making the cover of this month's Pacific Flyer with the superb shot of Matt Grigg's Globe Swift over the beach! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Finally, one last shot before Christmas: Hard Yakka (Yak 52 VH-KMM) departing the AAAA Toy Run -

Happy Christmas and safe flying in 2010!

Philthy

Congratulations to Matt (or was it really Kaz?!) on making the cover of this month's Pacific Flyer with the superb shot of Matt Grigg's Globe Swift over the beach! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gifFinally, one last shot before Christmas: Hard Yakka (Yak 52 VH-KMM) departing the AAAA Toy Run -

Happy Christmas and safe flying in 2010!

Philthy

G'day Philthy,

Most of your shots make me want to dig out some of my SLR gear again, they're brilliant!.

Having said that, if you ever ask yourself if your in the right job:question: The answer must be yes. As good as you are, photographers don't normally have a pension at the the end of service, so stick with it.

Keep clicking away mate, I just luv what you post, they'd make a great calender for aviation nuts like me and many others.:thumb_up:

Kind regards

Planey

G'day Philthy,...Keep clicking away mate, I just luv what you post...

Kind regards

Planey

Thanks Planey! I aim to please - and am pleased that others get pleasure from my photos as I do taking them. It's only a matter of learing from other people (and believe me, there are better aircraft photographers out there than me!), then practice, practice, practice. Oh, and Photoshop helps too! :big_grin:

All the best to everyone for a safe and enjoyable 2010!

Philthy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pacificflyer

Pacific Flyer Photo Competition

Another month of great photos.

This month's winner is Skydog .. Definition of Grunt! Congratulations..011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Runners up...Spin - sunset pic,

Slartibartfast - Nancy's tower & Flying dog Airbus wing

Thank you to everyone for entering.

Regards

Angela smith

Editor

Thanks Angela, I'm bucked about that, especially as there were some spectacular photos entered. Now if I could just catch that Kiwi who left his towel over the tail:bash: - only noticed it once I put the shot up on the computer.