Another Newbie from Perth.

kth_logan

Hi all,

Currently a student pilot at Jandakot. Have not been a student at anything for quite some time. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I am in the older age bracket...middle aged if I was going to be well over 100!!!

Loving every minute of the training, just need to get the landings tidied up and sorted...very nearly there but not quite.

Then Solo circuits etc...Perhaps in the new year.

Need to get over Christmas now..

Welcome kth,

Its always good to see another West Aussie on here. I live in Leeming about 5 minutes from YPJT and under the circuit area - You probably fly over my place:wave:

Seems strange that I fly from Northam which is 1hr 20mins away by car - ulterior motive.... My son lives in Northam and I have one cute little grand daughter who pulls me like a bee to honey:laugh:

With all the West Aussies we have on here now it might be time to organise a get together somewhere.

Pud

• 3 weeks later...

Still trying

Yes flying with Minovation...I seem to have a real problem perfecting the landings...suppose that it is important !!!!.. Must master this phase, but frustration is starting.

Thanks to you all for the welcome to this forum. :)

Kath

This has worked for me. Dont even think about landing, just make your approach, and when it comes time to land, dont even think about it, gently close the throttle (if there was anything left) and wait.....the aircraft will do the rest. If you are in a tailwheel aircraft, the landing only starts when you are on the ground, its then that it can really get interesting. However it goes, you will get it, and you will enjoy that you've got it.

All the best, Qwerty:thumb_up:

• 3 weeks later...

All has gone well...Have sorted out all my problems...

First Solo today.. was awesome..

The feeling is like driving your car by yourself for the first time as a teenager but with alot more excitement and responsibility.. Have not felt like that for some time.

Had a great day today

Keith..

Guest mike_perth

Awesome Keith - Well done - nice hot day for it!!

Who are you flying with at Minovation?

Dont worry youll get used to the constant smile on your face.....and when your 100% confortable with it you go on your solo Nav and the smile gets bigger.....then you get your license and you cant stop thinking about being in the air!!!

Mike

Guest mike_perth

Ah cool - Damian is a nice guy.

As Jay says the area solo is a heap of fun as well - nothing like leaving the security of "the nest" for the first time!

Keep having fun - maybe one day when CASA get there bums into gear and send me my license paperwork we can go for a fly.

Mike

Solo stuff.

Progress so far...

Friday was solo circuits. Still a great feeling to be flying by myself and making decisions and adjustments. They seem to come second nature now.

The time spent in the circuits with the Instructer is paying off.:thumb_up:

Should complete SOLO circuits this week and then it is out to the training area..will be good to get away from circuits for a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Congratulations Keith. Finished mine at RACWA only about 6 months ago, and probably been flying circuits with you occasionally without knowing it. Hard slog and very expensive, but all worth it when you finally pass. Also a mature age pilot, although I think senior captain sounds better. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

rgmwa