Raa pilots and cagris

Captain

Raa pilots and ca/grs

Can anyone please point me at where I can find the regs & practices associated with an RAA licenced Pilot operating into and at a CAGRIS at an airport?

Regards Geoff

Thanks Ahlocks, learn something new every day aye?!

So it's basically an ATIS service with some added extra's... or rather an ATIS that is intelligent !

Can anyone please point me at where I can find the regs & practices associated with an RAA licenced Pilot operating into and at a CAGRIS at an airport?Regards Geoff

Hullo Captain!

At the CASA site you could read CAAP No.Airways -3(2) Standards and practices for Certified Air/Ground Radio Services.

"6.1 The decision to use, or not to use, information provided by a CA/GRO rests with the pilot in command.

So it's CTAF ® procedures with no denial of access, if that was your thought.

Cheers Fred

Thanks Fellas.

No wonder a google search only turned up one ref to my substandard spelling (and that was a CASA document).

You got it, Fred. The word is that Wagga will go to CA/GRS for a year or 2 then to a Tower.

So from the posts, it is less than the Unicom we had here last year, and won't adversely effect an RAA Pilot's Ops until the Tower kicks in.

Appreciate your responses and apologies for my unsatisfactory spell check.

Now .... one sub-question. Under the present rules, if an RAA licenced pilot is operating at an airport where a Tower is established, does he (or she) get any leave pass to continue there, or must that Pilot move on immediately the Tower is activated.

Regards Geoff

Hi Geoff,

In relation to your last question - if/when the airspace becomes controlled i.e. Class C or D, the requirements are for pilots to have the relevant qualifications (PPL minimum) and aircraft that meets requirements to operate in controlled airspace. I doubt there would be any "leave passes" or exemptions. It would be a case of get the necessary qualifications or find yourself a new airfield to operate from.

I imagine this is one of the challenges that the folks at Camden are currently facing

under the proposed Class D implementation which (as I understand) be daylight hours every day in contrast to the current GAAP on weekends.

Oh, and on the CAGRS part, CAGRS is an information service only, a CAGRS operator can't direct traffic like an air traffic controller in controlled airspace...fundamentally the same as a UNICOM service.