Dalby Qld, to Temora Nsw

Tomo

G'day all, just drawing up a prospective plan so that if I end up being able to head to NATFLY... i_dunno

So, I'm asking opinions on the best route you might recommend?

Also, is there anyone else from up this way, SE QLD, that is heading down? (flying), that if it does eventuate my end, we could link up with you etc and head down in convoy! :big_grin:

Thanks

Dalby to Temora

Tomo,

What range do you have in the aircraft you will be flying? That seems to be the limiting factor in any planning you do.

My guess-timation is your best bet is to go via Millmerran and Inglewood to Moree. Fuel is available at Moree.

From Moree follow the road South over Narrabri, Coonabarabran, Gilgandra, Narromine or Dubbo. You can head out via Coonamble and Gilgandra if you want to avoid the higher ground around Coonabarabran. Fuel is available at both Narromine and Dubbo.

Then down over Parkes and Forbes to Temora.

Google Earth is a good place to start for getting orientated and finding the roads going where you want to go. ERSA will give you a guide to fuel availability at other airfields.

We are planning on leaving Gympie on the 30th and overnighting in Dubbo (friends there) before continuing to Temora on the 31st. Our route will take us over Dalby then direct to Goondiwindi and Moree, after that basically as above.

Look forward to seeing you, and no doubt, a host of others at Temora!

Wags.

Guest Maj Millard

Dalby, Inglewood, Moree, Narromine, Temora would be my guess. The flight from Narromine to Temora was an absolute delight last time I flew it. Wheat country with the hills to the East and just enough interesting features to keep you awake. The arrival at Temora is heralded by small hilly country rising out of the flat plains, after crossing the busy Sydney-Melbourne inland highway. You can spot Parkes and Forbes up against the hills to the East of track.

Tomo

If you are flying a J230 as per your previous post - I have just recently been to Temora from Townsville in a J230 - used the following route - good motels and fuel available.

Townsville, Emerald, Charleville, Cobar, Temora returning for different scenery via

Temora, Moree, Toowomba, Rockhampton, Townsville.

Many options but this one was good.

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

G'day, she's all coming together slowly now...

Bringing the J230 down, planning at this stage to go, Cecil Plains - Goondiwind - Moree - Narromine - Parkes - Temora.

Possibly refuel at Narromine, or Parkes

Ballpoint: What time are you expecting to arrive at Moree?

Hey Tomo, expect to leave Cab around 6am and somewhere between 8-8.30AM in Moree, I'll be going past Gundy en route so we can hook up there as well. I'm planning the same fuel/comfort stops- there will no doubt be a steady stream of a/c as we get further sth- you know Gundy has a funny fuel situation with call out?? I take it you're right to Moree any way..

Tried to get to Gympie today for my instructor test but weather had other idea's- here's crossed for monday!

I'll monitor this thread or we can go off line anytime if you want to- I know of another 230 being picked up from Bundy making it's maiden voyage to Natfly same day- i'll keep you in the loop. Cheers

Sounds good Ballpoint, I've changed my plan a little and will be popping into Parkes and catch up with Djpacro for a bit, before heading over to Temora.

Will be great to hitch up, I'll let you know progress as we get closer.

What aircraft you flying down?

Hi Tomo,

Sounds like you are doing some good planning. Very interested in meeting you face to face. When will you be arriving and will you and your mother be camping or what?

Fuel at Parkes requires a special card. Fuel at Moree is carnet card and a credit card at Narromine. There is also fuel at Forbes. If you need to know anything, just email me or ring (details in the mag.). Promise you'll look me up.

Cheers, Cazza

Cazza: You bet I'll look you up! don't worry about that. :big_grin:

Yes, we'll be camping if that's Ok? That way we are where all the action is!

Technically speaking I don't need to fuel up anywhere on the way down, (I've got 135ltrs on board!) but I was just thinking about it. I've got the sources, I may as well use them, but will consider that more as time gets closer. I like fuel in the aircraft tank!

What would you recommend we bring for the the event? Anything special?

Tomo and Mr H, yes sunblock, but also jacket and warm sleeping bag. It's turned cool now, summer is gone, the 10 kt wind takes all the warmth out of you.

With all the rain, everything is green and gorgeous.

PS Mr H, I lived in Olinda for several years, Roy Road, loved it. Before that I lived in Kallista. Fabulous part of the world.

Cheers, Cazza

Tomo and Mr H, yes sunblock, but also jacket and warm sleeping bag. It's turned cool now, summer is gone, the 10 kt wind takes all the warmth out of you.With all the rain, everything is green and gorgeous.

PS Mr H, I lived in Olinda for several years, Roy Road, loved it. Before that I lived in Kallista. Fabulous part of the world.

Cheers, Cazza

:big_grin: Hey Cazza, It is beautiful 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif up here & as you would know, I will have no problems with some warm gear:laugh:

Cheers

H

Hey guys, sorry been off line today- out of frustration I flew 3 times today all in 25kts plus and rain squalls everywhere- Planned departure to Clifton didn't happen today- I believe it's still on??? Try again tomorrow..

On the Temora front my J120 is the chariot for the trip, 65l gets me Caboolture-Moree- Narromine/Dubbo before the last leg to Temora. I figured your stops would be comfort only!

Ballpoint, as far as I'm aware, Clifton is still on, I'm hoping to head over sometime around midday tomorrow. (hopefully)

120's are fun! did a trip to St George and back in one today.

Yeah. Clifton is on..Barney flew the 55 over there today and I was supposed to fly the 52, but got caught up with domestic duties (been away all week) so dipped out. might try to get over tomorrow if I can wangle it with "she who must be obeyed" babe.gif.538cdeac3b1a1b72d121d00509ec140e.gif

Yes, caught up with Barney just before he left, (you just drove out)... that aircraft really needs two seats!!!

Same problem here DD 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif