Casa dvd "weather to fly"

dazza 38

Hi Guys, just been watching a dvd, i received in the post.Tiltled ' weather to fly'. All i can say is that is was excellent, it is great, for all skill levels.What i liked the most is that is a eight different areas, around australia, mountanous regions Like where i fly is SE qld.Flimed from a a/c, they show your the best areas to navigate through the mountains etc.Comes in handy, if you want to fly somewhere you have never been to, they give you the heads up.regional areas are, Nth Qld, Sth qld, NT, WA, Sth Aust, VIC, NSW and Tassie. If interested, as disscussed last week in human factors just get on the CASA site, and order its free, you just have to pay for postage.I also got for free- remote aerodromes,pilot maintenance,look out situational awareness,safety on the ground.Human Factors, DVD, Work Booklet,and other books, very comprehensive. All for the cost of postage $15 for me, sent from Vic.Cheers:wave:

I rang CASA about us hosting a selection of their videos on our TV station.

They'd said that someone would get back to me.

Not unexpectedly, they haven't.

I'll chase them further. I think it would be very useful to have their videos here for more people to see.

Saves the postage too (that's all they charge for most DVDs).

HI starli, for $15 dollars in postage, i ordered all the free DVD,s.Some were things we already know, but human factors one is like a full on course, work book, dvds and information book.It is going to take sime time to go through it.I realy likes the weather safe to fly, because, if you wanted to go to say, cairns for a eg.They show a flim from the a/c, of where and what to look for which valley to take, were the weather generally comes from etc.I wished they listened to you mate, because it IMO would be beneficial for VFR pilots.Government i guess mate

Thanks for the heads up I did not know they existed. I just ordered situational awareness, safety on the ground, weather to fly and human factors, they should make a good addition to the small amount of material I currently have!!

HI Allanw, i would like to take credit for starting this thread, but MAZDA, was the person who, reminded me a couple weeks ago about various, DVD's available from Casa.In the human factors thread. Cheers i hope you enjoy:wave: