Landing Near Werribee

Guest drizzt1978

Used to be a strip next to the old hangers where they are restoring the Liberator. Hasn't been in use for many years although I was lucky enough to be able to fly my trike out of there a few years ago at an LAA club meeting during an open day at the hanger. You could always try a sneaky touch & go at the old Laverton airbase if the housing developers haven't ripped up the strips yet.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Point Cook isn't too far away.

I think if you ask nicely you can get permission to land at RAAF Williams (YMPC). I've done it (and I didn't embarass myself by doing a dodgy landing either :big_grin:), but that was to go to the RAAF Museum, not sure if they let people not going to the museum land. Might be worth asking though.

Werribee strip (next to Manor Lakes) is still in use I believe, owner is Noel Evans and is a lovely bloke and welcoming of visitors...well, was all the times we flew in there :) I have Noel's number, PM me if you'd like it.

Point Cook is only an option if you're visiting the RAAF Museum.

Guest drizzt1978

Ok Matt, is it any where south of werribee, I am, being picky! Near the Zoo area, I have to go near there (the Equestrian centre) for one day for work

I confess that, although I have often looked at Werribee on the VTC, I've never actually seen it. I'd appreciate the contact thanks, Matt.

Point Cook is definitely ppr and they require you to complete and return an indemnity form before permission is given unless attending by invitation.

kaz

Sorry guys, been away for a few days. Werribee strip is at the north west edge of Werribee (just off the road to Bacchus Marsh), about 3nm NW of the racecourse and about 5nm NW of the Mansion/Equestrian Centre. It's marked on the Melbourne VTC.

Noel's home number is 03 9742 4227 (it's noted on a few websites, white pages so don't think disclosing it here is infringing). As mentioned, Noel and his wife Fay are lovely people and very welcoming.