Favorite Aircraft?

F22

The F-22 Raptor, obviously. If it wasnt such a failure of funding (not that I care about what the US spends it money on), or needed 30 hours maintenance for every hour of flight.. It looks like it was ripped straight from a game.

Hah! :)

Have you seen Stavatti's proposed SM-27? It's pretty cool - it's a fighter with two contra-rotating props in pusher configuration. They've not built one yet, but apparently they have pitched them to a few airforces.

(AND you can fly one in x-plane :))

The plane that I most want to see is an Ion:

Guest Howard Hughes
Ion[/url]:

What a great looking aircraft, looks like it could be a contender in my fastest LSA thread too!:thumb_up:

Guest Howard Hughes
The plane that I most want to see is an Ion:

Just a quick question on the ION, am I right in assuming that in Oz we could have the high speed wings, as we do not have the 120 knot requirement?

Cheers, HH.:thumb_up:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Walter Buschor

Jet:Hawker Hunter Mk 58 : the most beautiful Jet ever. Developed to and over it's max. design brief.

Prop: Me 109 G , It shot down more than ANY other Aircraft and is revered by it's pilots. Erich Hartmann With 352 kills avoided 7 Mustangs until he ran out of fuel an jumped out.

It also required some pilot skills. - nothing wrong with that.

Guest rocketdriver

For me, yes, Concorde, TSR2, Hawker Hunter, Spitfire .... They all look "just right" .. BUT .. I was surprised to find that my absolutely hands down all time favourite aircraft that I have flown is ,,,,

the Winjeel. 106_score_009.gif.17e848c1c38015657a6bc3c8116ef6cb.gif Mick Parer :star: had good taste as it was also his favourite too .....

Lovely Radial engine, fully aerobatic (but no prolonged inverted flight please due lack of inverted oil system) and 4 seats. Seating position so perfect that there is only one position to sit, almost fully duplicated controls left and right (less carb hot air and canopy I think), very robust and much more sprightly than most non sporting GA aircraft .... It did need a bit of attention on roll out and could waddle about a bit in turbulence and it did like drinking (oil and petrol!), but I can forgive all of that ..... wish I had one!

RD