Savannah down near Kilcoy

JG3

Just to let everyone know that it wasn't one of the Kilcoy Flyers.

He's from Gladstone, and the unofficial word is that he was landing or taking off from a road and clipped a car and flipped. No one injured.

No can't go, Rotax won't start. No spark at all. Ignition module checked OK by B Flood. Cranking fast enough with this Odysey battery and heavy leads to fly on battery power alone.... Kill switches check OK. Resistance measurements as per Heavy Maintenance Manual all correct. A real mystery for two independent systems. Only common component is the flywheel.... Will start a new thread about it when I know more....

Have fun at NatFly.

JG

Jeepman, the interesting thing about that accident is the aircraft, apparently it's a 10 K T, what are they? Scratch built thing, but does anyone know anymore about the aircraft design?

Guest jeepman

I have seen it around at a few fly-ins, it has a Toucan on the tail. I was told once the name 10KT was the max crosswind it could handle, eg 10 knots. She doesn't sound too healthy from the news reports. I was sleeping all day (on night shift) and i didn't think the weather was too bad from what i saw. 5-10 knots and around 32 degrees. Guess we will all find out more in coming days.

*not a fan of speculating without facts*

Could it be a "li'l tinny"? The picture I saw resembled it.

I know there is a silver one built by Richard Faint in that area however this a/c looked white, Richard's wife is also a pilot which had me concerned.

Whatever the case I am sure we will all be hoping and praying for a speedy recovery for our fallen comrade.

Guest Maj Millard

JG, Recently had a similiar problem on an 80hp on a Pegasus trike. Unfortunatly it did turn out to be dead stator for some reason. Wal called it a 'lazy' stator. It was so lazy it was dead !!. Also found one ign pickup completely dead. A lot of people will suspect the IGN moduals/boxes, but I haven't had too much drama with them over the years. Good luck.............................................................................Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Yes that was Glenda Faint in the 'Little Tinnie'. She and Richard built two of them, beautiful workmanship. The 10K tag came from the originators of the design, who aimed to build an aircraft for less than $10K.

Word is she had an engine failure (503), couldn't make the paddock she was aiming for, and stalled and spun in while trying to extend the glide...... Seriously hurt..... A lot of us strongly wishing the best for her.......

JG

Thanks for the information JG, sorry to hear about it though, was just explaining the effects of stretching your glide yesterday morning to a guy as well!

Here is a picture of the two aircaft.

Guest Escadrille

I concur, very sorry indeed to hear about Glenda. Lets hope and pray she pulls through. Glenda and Richaard are just lovely people. Does any one know any more about her present situation?

Very very sad to hear. I happened to see both these aircraft probably an hour or two before the crash when they came in to land at boonah yesterday, and we were struggling to figure out what they were. It puts it into perspective though when you see an aircraft and then no more than an hour later that aircraft no longer exists.

Guest Cloudsuck

Very sad, I don't know Richard and Glenda but have seen them around and looked over their immaculate aircraft. They are known in the SEQ flying circles as very good people. Apparently Richard was flying with her and raised the alarm.

It now appears that the Savannah incident it didn't happen on a public road, but rather on a private property track. The property is owned by friends of the pilot, and he was visiting and giving family members rides. On a landing he clipped one of their parked cars, and so came to grief. No one injured at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...