Did-you-know

F22

That the A-10 thunderbolt (pictured) was designed to fly with an engine and wing torn off.

It was made to combat the number of planes that got shot down by small arms and the like in the Vietnam war

Guest eland2705

Did you know that it's the worlds ugliest aircraft? Or would that be the Chinook, but then that is a helicorpter, not really an aircraft after all.

(All TIC - tongue in cheek)

Did you know... .. .be the Chinook, but then that is a helicorpter, not really an aircraft after all.

Helicopters are aircraft, lol

But the Chinook isnt bat at all!

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch...

These are ugly planes;

(I dont really mind the above)

Hideous. I dont even know what this is.

Unique, Hideous.

That the A-10 thunderbolt (pictured) was designed to fly with an engine and wing torn off.

It was made to combat the number of planes that got shot down by small arms and the like in the Vietnam war

Hi Raptor, my understanding of this A/c, is that it was designed to Get home with one of its horizontal stabilizers, ripped off.(Not one of its wings), The left and right horizontal stabilizers and rudders are interchangable. It had or maybe still does, the most powerful cannon fitted to any aircraft. There have been bigger calibres, (30mm), but nothing with the muzzle volocity. The pilot sits in a titanium tub, which can penetration of shells up to 23mm.Cannon holds 1174 rounds. Cheers:wave:

Guest basscheffers

Did you know... That when the A-10 comes up in this video, Tristan, my 2.5yo son, says: "tractor!"