First solo completed today.

sseeker

Hey everyone,

I thought this was a bit of a special announcement :big_grin: I completed my first solo today at about 9AM AWST and it was awesome! Aircraft handles completely different to what it does with an instructor, no joke I was airborne in about 150m - it was crazy! I'm 15 years old and 2 days with now about 25 odd hours (stretched my hours out since I was 14)

My brother got video from the ground so I'll be sure to upload that so you can all view :thumb_up:

Thanks,

Andrew

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybYOJi7LO_A"[/YOUTUBE]

Hey mate, that's Awesome!! I've never realised you were only 15, terrific stuff :thumb_up::thumb_up:

Yeah the aircraft fly great without those instructors! ;) My first Solo in the Drifter I can still remember the details! Just great!

Look forward to the video....

Did you know the solo was coming, or was it done on the sly?! How did he tell you? Love to hear about it! :thumb_up:

Take care, and I bet the grin will be there for a long while! :big_grin::big_grin: (I know mine still is!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif )

As one can see by your avatar Tomo. LOL Sue

Sorry Brian I didn't see your age before an extra big congratulations for achieving your solo so young

Hey mate, that's Awesome!! I've never realised you were only 15, terrific stuff :thumb_up::thumb_up:Yeah the aircraft fly great without those instructors! ;) My first Solo in the Drifter I can still remember the details! Just great!

Look forward to the video....

Did you know the solo was coming, or was it done on the sly?! How did he tell you? Love to hear about it! :thumb_up:

Take care, and I bet the grin will be there for a long while! :big_grin::big_grin: (I know mine still is!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif )

Thanks Tomo,

I knew it was coming up, I had around 24 hours before today but they were achieved when I was 14 so I couldn't solo, so basically today it was 0.5 circuits 0.2 check ride 0.1 solo :big_grin:

Thanks everyone, just converting the files and it'll be live. :thumb_up:

-Andrew

Fantastic stuff! Wish I'd managed it 36 years ago :)

Given how much better the little planes go with only one POB, how do you think they'd go with no one in 'em?? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest JRMobile

Congratulation and well done Sseeker.

I guarantee you will remember it for many years to come, I can still recall the buzz 30 years on!

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

JR

Can I put a bet on, that I know what what you'll be dreaming about tonight:question:

Well done mate, thats fantastic news.

Feel justly proud of your achievement:clap:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif and there's more to come.

Kindest Regards

Planey

PS. Dont forget to post that video.

Well done, Sseeker! I can't even remember being 15! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Are you planning a career in aviation? If so you have a great head start.

Enjoy the rest of your training and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Neil

Thanks everyone and Neil I do plan on an aviation career :)

Video was attached in the main post... Doesn't appear to be working for me... Is it working for everyone else?

Congratulations sseeker. Now you have to wait before you can get a drivers licence, but I am sure you will be a good driver with your present accomplishments.

15 WOW!!!,

You must be stoked.I wish I had done it when I was young, I was 48 when I took to the sky and that was one of the best feelings. What a life you have ahead!! Congratulations you can be very proud of your achievements. As everyone else is.

Monty

Hi Sseeker,

The video plays fine for me.

...so now do you start saving your pennies to buy a plane? :ah_oh: Better forget about girlfriends, mortgages etc 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Cheers

Neil

Woo!

I am 15 and 12 days, haha. But haven't even reached 1 hours worth of training yet!

So what an achievement.. I wish I was in your shoes. I need to start saving for lessons!

Any donations are kindly accepted, haha.

Well done!

Hi Sseeker,The video plays fine for me.

...so now do you start saving your pennies to buy a plane? :ah_oh: Better forget about girlfriends, mortgages etc 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Cheers

Neil

Having a look at some different types of Thrusters mainly for their simplicity and price, hopefully own one once I get my certificate :big_grin:

I am 15 and 12 days, haha. But haven't even reached 1 hours worth of training yet!

So what an achievement.. I wish I was in your shoes. I need to start saving for lessons!

Any donations are kindly accepted, haha.

Well done!

Thanks mate, just save your cash, get down there every weekend and you should be solo in no time.

I've just gotta knock over 5 hours solo and I'll have my certificate. :thumb_up: