New wing fabric

Why not have a go at doing it yourself. It isn,t really all that hard & is really rewarding to say" hey I did that", and what's more a darned site cheaper also. PM me if I can give you some adviceonly to happy to help. John

Guest Crezzi
Boy that is an expense, can these be got on ebay ?

I'm sure they can - there's bound to be people who have fitted new sails trying to sell their old replaced ones.

Why not have a go at doing it yourself. It isn,t really all that hard & is really rewarding to say" hey I did that", and what's more a darned site cheaper also. PM me if I can give you some adviceonly to happy to help. John

My guess is making a new trike wing cover is a bit different and more complex than replacing the fabric on a rag and tube plane.

Hi Again,I am thinking of getting new fabric put on my wing (Q2). Can anyone tell me who I can go to to get this done and what an approximate price might be?

Hi Bluearsefly,

You coul try Wayne Fisher @ Spectrum Aviation. He makes Covers for Drifter and other types of Aircraft. He uses the same Sail Cloth and might be able to make you one if he had your old one for a pattern. It's worth a try, he is Half the price of drifter Covers from the states.His number is 02 66224466.

Keep us updated there will be other people out there that want to know how you get on.

Monty

Hi Blue,

Something in your P.M got the memory working again and I contacted the previous owner of my trike who was good enough to find the address for me:

Wingtech Pty Ltd 19/30 Kalaroo Rd Redhead NSW 2290, 61 2 4944 9222

Regards Bill

Hi Blue,Something in your P.M got the memory working again and I contacted the previous owner of my trike who was good enough to find the address for me:

Regards Bill

Hi Bill / Blue

Just for your future reference

That's part of Airborne

I think new sails for airborne trikes depending on what wing are between 4 & 5 g's, I personally would have someone professional like them making it as it is not just a simple stitch up and she'll be right mate, you life is totally in that thing sitting above your head.

I have a therory on flying, if you can't afford to do it right or want to cheapskate it on genuine parts you can't afford to fly or have some kind of death wish.

That's my opinion only so no one please take offence at it.

Cheers

Alf

Hi Blue,Something in your P.M got the memory working again and I contacted the previous owner of my trike who was good enough to find the address for me:

Regards Bill

Thanks Bill. I was told that Wingtech had the template for Pegasus wings a while ago, but couldn't remember their name.

• 2 weeks later...

An update on this. Wingtech can't replace the whole fabric but can do repairs on the Pegasus wings. In my case the problem is delamination of the leading edge. If the rest of the wing is in good condition then replacement of the leading edge will be about $1200 + transport. I have just got to figure out how the remove the fabric from the frame now. Any advise appreciated.

Cheers

mmmmm Maybe replace ( sorry repair ) the leading edge this time and repair the rest next time. Might not need any shipping between repairs ? depending on what you need long term and budget I suppose

. In my case the problem is delamination of the leading edge.

Hi Blue,

My wing (also Q2) had the same problem and had the L/E replaced at 300 hrs, it now has 380 hrs and still looks perfect. It passed a Bettsometer test last month.

My advice for removing the fabric is take photos of every thing you remove so you can refer to it when you are reassembling ( I love digital cameras). Or alternatively ask Wingtech how much extra to remove and replace.

Regards Bill