QED Aircraft Parts and Hardware

QED Aircraft Parts and Hardware

QED supplies certified aircraft hardware for GA and RAA aircraft.

Backed by over 40 years' experience in the aviation industry, QED has the knowledge and experience to give you the right advice about the hardware you need to build and maintain your aircraft.

If it's rag and tube; fully sheeted, or composite, QED has the experience to know the right hardware for you. It's priced at the price we'd like to pay if we were you. And when we send you your order, we keep the postage to a minimum.

QED is located in Hangar 740, Camden Airport, Camden NSW 2570.

You can email your order to: [email protected]

Or phone it through on 02 46551514.

$$ OPENING SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT $$

Mention our special codeword: Gee Bee and get 10% discount on your first order.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bit hard to list all the hardware items we sell. We don't have a website, or a catalogue as such.

Basically, we stock nuts, bolts, washers, split pins, rivets (solid and CherryMax).

Items are AN, NAS, or MS part numbers. All have proper traceability. (We use the same stock items as we sell in the certified aircraft we maintain.)

The easiest way to find out if we have what you need is to email a "Price & Availability" request. We'll return a quotation.

Old Man Emu

Mechanic's Toolbox CD

If ever there was an encycylopedia which contained the information you needed about aircraft hardware and practical aircraft maintenance, this is it:

THE MECHANICS TOOLBOX

The contents are too much to list here, so have a look at www.mechanicsupport.com

QED Aircraft Parts and Hardware's price is $AU39.95 ( after the currency exchange, that's 10% less than the $US price).

[Don't forget the further 10% discount if this is your first order]

1504131146_mechanicToolbox.png.d3edf97bea6e95b46f11177b4f6ac4d6.png

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JRMobile

Mark

Thanks for the prompt reply to my email request for AN nuts and bolts. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

:score 010:Top service and a great way to generate business! :thumb_up:

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...

They've arrived. Get yours quick!

Just arrived:

THE MECHANIC'S TOOLBOX

The most comprehensive reference source for aircraft engineers, builders and operators.

Reference Charts; Part Number Cross Reference data; Engine Troubleshooting, Properties of Metals and Plastics used in aircraft.

Web Links provide for continuous updating of the material contained in this CD.

This CD is an absolute treasure chest.

$39.95 + P/H + GST

Email your Name, Address and Phone Number to [email protected] for delivery by the first post.

Old Man Emu

PS

The CD will be accompanied by an invoice. If you don't pay within 30 days. I'll come around to your house and kick your dunny down. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

RAA Technical Manager endorses Mechanics Toolbox

In the June 2010 issue of Recreational Aviaton Australia, Steve Bell, Technical Manager for the RAA, endorsed and recommended the Mechanics Toolbox to "anyone who is contemplating building and (sic) aircraft or maintaining one."

Need I say more?

Old Man Emu

OK OME,

You've convinced me! An email is coming your way.

By the way, you'll have to load some jerry cans of fuel in the passenger seat if you come to my house to kick the dunny down - better wear steel caps too 'cos it's built like a brick sh*thouse:laugh:

Pud

OK OME,You've convinced me! An email is coming your way.

OME,

I tried sending an email to your address but it came back saying no such email address - did this from work as well as at home with the same result.

Did you give me a dud email address or what?? I can PM you if you want.

Pud

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Mechanics Toolbox arrived pronto OME - great service thank you. It is certainly a great resource to have, I have already picked up some useful information and increased my knowledge no end. I recommend anyone to have this in their library.

So if anyone is thinking about getting a copy of Mechanic's Toolbox just give Old Man Emu a call and you'll have it in no time flat.

Cheers,

Pud

Mechanics Toolbox for Apple Mac O/S

MECHANIC'S TOOLBOX for APPLE MAC

The MT is available in Apple Mac format as a dowload. Because it is not a physical thing, it is a little cheaper than the PC version, and there's no postage.

The Apple Mac version costs $29.95 plus GST.

To order the Apple Mac version, email your details to me at [email protected] and I'll arrange for a download to be forwarded to you.

I will invoice you for the purchase within a couple of days of receiving your email.

Old Man Emu

• 2 weeks later...

4130 Chromemoly Airframe Construction 2 DVD Set

New from TM Technologies is this 2 DVD set which will show you all the tricks and tips you'll need to construct an airframe from 4130 Chromemoly tubing.

The DVDs feature "The Tin Man", Kent White a renowned craftsman who works with steel and aluminium. Kent has often held seminars at Oshkosh, and runs courses in metal working at his ranch in the mountains of San Juan, California. You can check out what he does at www.tinmantech.com

The set is available for $92.00 (incl GST). Sure it's pricey, but it would cost you thousands to get the information in person.

757212236_4130Cover.thumb.jpg.f9e7b549b466a41ab6f84865fe22be36.jpg

43405801_4130back.thumb.jpg.32959c549e372e8f4f58a076bbc855bf.jpg

Hey you RV builders!

IDENTIFICATION PLATE FOR RV AIRCRAFT

You are going to need some sort of identification plate for you aircraft when you get around to registering it. QED Aircraft Parts and Hardware has these ID plates available at $33 (incl GST).

1440423624_VansIDPlate.jpg.e2fc8e5b4434e89e0dd67c9e33d6e867.jpg

Dunno about running the pants off a kangaroo!!!!

You certainly beat the pants off the opposition with prices on my order!!!!

Really need a catalogue or online store.

Many Thanks

Peter

If you've seen one catalogue, you've seen them all. That's why I haven't made one up. I don't have anything special, like wigwams for goose's bridles. Just the basics.

If you need something, just ask for it. If I don't have it immediately, I'll chase around for it for you.

An on-line store needs an e-payment system and all sort of extra work. As it stands, I can run QED Hardware sales and my other job functions concurrently.

However, if lots of people start buying stuff from me, I could give the other functions the flick and concentrate on QED 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Old Man Emu

Books about working Aircraft Sheet Metal

get the clues on forming,riveting and welding aircraft sheet metal

If you have sheet metal work to do for your build, I have for sale several copies of the following books which will be of use:

1. Aircraft Sheet Metal by Nick Bonacci.

An excellent reference book providing information on sheet metal layout; tool use; form block; riveting, and much much more. This is a Jeppenson publication, for sale at $28.00 (+GST)

2. Aircraft Aluminium Gas Welding by Kent White

Covers eyewear; fluxes, joint design, and data on choices of fuel gases; tip sizes; filler metals and gas pressures. Published by TM Technologies (Kent White), for sale at $10 (+GST)

Old Man Emu

• 2 weeks later...

Rivet layout tool; drills & drill stops

Got a lot of rivetting to do? Here are the tools you'll need:

EVEN RIVET - SPACING TOOL

Large fan spacer has 20 fingers / opens to 38” @ 2”.

Accordion style tool used for layout and marking of equal spacing for rivet hole patterns. Capable of variable adjustment from 1/2” to 2” spacing.

Note: This tool is designed for layout / marking and is not designed nor intended for use as a drill guide. Stainless steel construction.

NUMBERED DRILL BITS

Rivets aren't manufactured with accurate diameters, so if you are using ones with a nominal 1/8" diameter, a regular 1/8" drill bit is likely to produce an undersized hole, and your rivet won't fall into place. That's where Numbered Drill Bits come in. These drills produce a slightly oversized hole that readily accepts your rivet. For example, a 1/8 drill makes a hole 0.125" diameter. The recommended drill bit for a 1/8 rivet is a #30 which makes a hole with a 0.1285" diameter.

The recommended drills for the commonly used rivets are:

3/32" : #40; 1/8" : #30; 5/32" : #21, and 3/16" : #10

DRILL STOPS

Use when drilling in sheet metal to help eliminate drill break- age &surface marks.

Safely keeps drill from going too far through the work.

Drill stops have a coiled spring to cushion the drill breakthrough &prevents the drill chuck from marring the work surface. Color coded for easy identification.

1897771000_RivetFan.jpg.77df40e4c9ad41db964e1b030b481f32.jpg

1401802880_DrillStop.jpg.c10d0e7b0914a0d593f137b0cc02798b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

CLECO CLEARANCE !!!

I had a brain snap and over ordered Clecos, so now I've got to clear them fast to make room for other stuff.

While they last: Bags of 10 Clecos $7.00 (+GST)

All standard sizes available

Old Man Emu

• 1 month later...

Subscribe to the QED NEWSLETTER

Want to keep up to date with hardware supplies, tools and related matters?

Subscribe to the QED Aircraft Parts & Hardware Newsletter.

Emailed to you on an irregular basis.

Just email I'll be in that! to [email protected] to be added to the mailing list.

Old Man Emu

• 2 weeks later...

THREAD TAPS IN IMPERIAL SIZES

QED Aircraft Parts and Hardware is now able to supply HSS thread taps for the commonly used screws and bolts in Imperial UNF thread sizes. These taps are the "Intermediate" style, suitable for cutting threads by hand in aluminium and steel.

Current Prices:

6-32 $15.75

8-32 $10.80

10-32 $9.45 (Same as AN3-X diameter)

1/4-28 $9.00

If purchased in a set of running sizes, a discount, starting at 20% for a three piece set, will be made.

Prices for larger sizes are available on request. These prices are +GST and Postage. Prices may vary with the comparative value of the $US and $AU.

At the moment there is an approximate 3 week lead time on the delivery of the 10-32

taps of this quality.

Old Man Emu

• 4 weeks later...