QED Aircraft Parts and Hardware

How's this one? OK for the low to medium user. The price in the brochure is out of date. I can supply it for under $AU50 +GST +P/H

If you could let me know by by Friday it would be good.

PA08-01MediaCutter.pdf

PA08-01MediaCutter.pdf

PA08-01MediaCutter.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MECHANIC'S TOOLBOX CD

I've just received further copies of this essential reference source.

It's the ideal Christmas gift for the aviator who has a hell of a lot of other stuff.

The CD can be sent out in a plain cover to avoid identification before Christmas Day.

2059195810_MTCDLabel.jpg.49e8fc8fd6d9eb6d10e1fb36947dfff0.jpg

I need your help.

I want to create a database for my business that contains lists of the hardware that is called for in kit built or plan built airplanes. With the database established, I think I'll be able to ensure that I have the majority of items on hand all the time.

I hold a good stock of the common items like nuts and bolts, but some planes need eyebolts and turnbuckles, pulleys and such. These are often difficult to get hold of. so if I have a small number on hand I can get people out of trouble.

If you would like to help, please email me the parts inventory for your airplane. I won't be chasing you to sell you stuff. I rely on the fact that you know I'm here to help.

If you would email the list to [email protected]

Thank you

Old Man Emu

Good idea,

I'll send you the lists I have for the Sonex, but as the lists vary as to which variant you are making they will still need some sorting out.

Peter

Variation in numbers of items won't worry me. If the designer of a plane is smart, he'll gerally use the same types of hardware in each variant. So I would like to know which aircraft use, say, solid rods for controls and which use cables.

The more information I can get the better.

Thanks for your contribution.

Old Man Emu

SONEX HARDWARE

I have had a look over the hardware lists for the Sonex airplane.

I can supply the nuts, bolts, washers, cotter pins and screws from the stuff I normally carry. There are a couple of rivet sizes that are required in 1/4lb lots, but I reckon I could supply most of the others as an assorted lot at a fair average price.

I don't carry Aluminium tube, but could investigate getting it along with the piano hinge, since it can be packaged similarly.

The rest of the materials required can be ordered from Wicks or Spruce and Specialty, or I could include them in my regular orders from the US.

Old Man Emu

• 5 weeks later...

What should I take to NATFLY 2011?

QED Hardware is considering taking up an exhibitor's stand at Natfly this year. I'd like to meet those customers who I only know by phone or email. And I want to show what lines of hardware I handle. (Plus I want a sticky-beak at the planes like everyone else)

It's pretty hard to figure out what to take when your business deals mainly with nuts, bolts and screws. I may bring in some merchandising items, like bumper stickers, key rings, and other novelties. However, about all I can do with the nuts and bolts is to make up some display boards showing different types of hardware.

I don't see NATFLYas a place to sell hardware over the weekend, but I can take orders and dispatch the items the following week. I can't see many people urgently needing a widget then and there. But I'd like some ideas on what sort of things people would like to see on display.

So, please let me know at [email protected]

Thanks,

Old Man Emu

I can vouch for QED. Prior to Christmas I had an issue trying to intall a pitot static assembly to the underwing of my sonex. After a few emails regarding what could be solutions I had an email that said 'I've posted something for you to try, pay me if they work, send them back if they dont'. I came back from Christmas to find four screws perfect for the task, matching nutplates and some flush rivets. The installation was done in an hour, very neatly and I could finally finish up my wings.

Anyone who builds will know how awfull many aviation suppliers are. It is so refreshing to get some real service. Oh and the order cost $4 + 60c postage! I have had so much trouble with US and some Australian suppliers :(

Regarding sonex rivets, they sell a complete kit and are well priced. Maybe chuck in some extra CCP42 as others have run out. I would seriously consider the flush rivet kit if I was to build another sonex/onex. If you are scratch building you have hundreds of hours of labour before you need rivets/hardware. You may also need to order a canopy or engine mount from sonex (main spar extrusions?) so you could whack the heavy box of rivets with that.

Maybe rivet spacing tools, scotchbrite wheels (6 inch and small ones with mandrel) various chucking reams, 6 and 12 inch numbered drills, close edge rivet tool, deburing tools, simple dimple dies in 30 and 40, flange pliers. All this is pretty common but much of it is difficult to find in oz.

I've screwed up!

SCREW SALE OF MASSIVE PROPORTIONS

I'm overstocked on screws, and the Bean Counters have told me to get rid of them.

These screws are aircraft certified, so you know they are top quality. Even if you can't use them on your aircraft, they are perfect for those jobs around the house. And at the price I'm asking, they are a much better deal than the Chinese made ones you'll get at Bunnings.

What I've got:

MS27039 Series - Pan Head, Structural Screws, Phillips Drive, Cadmium ll plated.

Diameter/Pitch: 8-32 and 10-32. Grip Lengths from 3/32 (for 8-32) and 1/16 ( for 10-32) Overall Length from 17/32 (for both)

MS35206 Series - Pan Head, Fully Threaded Screws (Non-Structural), Phillips Drive, Cadmium ll Plated

Diameter/Pitch: 4-40; 6-32; 8-32; 10-32. Overall Length from 1/4

MS35214 Series - Pan Head, Brass, Fully Threaded Screws, Phillips Drive, Black Oxide Finish

Diameter/Pitch: 4-40; 6-32; 8-32. Overall Length from 1/4.

MS24693 Series - 100 Deg. Countersunk, Non-Structural Screws, Phillips Head

Diameter/Pitch: 4-40; 6-32; 8-32. Overall Length from 1/4

MS24694 Series - 100 Deg. Countersunk Structural Screws, Phillips Drive, Cadmium ll plated

Diamter/Pitch: 8-32; 10-32. Overall Length from 1/4

I also have plain nuts and locknuts to suit, as well as washers.

PRICE:*

Out they go at ten cents a piece! (Nuts are 15 cents)

Be like a kid in a lolly shop. I'll supply you with "one of these, and two of those"

*GST and Postage additional.

Old Man Emu

• 1 month later...

Deburring tool

Hey you sheet metal workers!

Take a look at this. It's kosher.

Shaviv deburring tool. Consists of a handle and five - count them - five deburring bits. But wait, there's more. You can get other bits so you can chamfer, countersink or scrape.

This is an essential tool for anyone who makes neat holes in steel, aluminium, plastic, rival gang members.

Old Man Emu

1045584601_Deburringtool.jpg.52002ed8da11612bb2ad5e60c517f4d4.jpg

Hey you sheet metal workers! Take a look at this. It's kosher.

Shaviv deburring tool. Consists of a handle and five - count them - five deburring bits. But wait, there's more. You can get other bits so you can chamfer, countersink or scrape.

This is an essential tool for anyone who makes neat holes in steel, aluminium, plastic, rival gang members.

Old Man Emu

How much OME?

Got any specials on AN bolts and nuts?

Pud

How much OME?Got any specials on AN bolts and nuts?

Pud

Pud, I'm at home at the moment and won't be back at work until Thursday. Off the top of my head, I think they are around $35 including GST and P/H.

I'm like the Greek greengrocer - everythink she's a special price. I don't have the overheads that the big names do, so you get your hardware for less.

OME

• 3 weeks later...

I have just received some deburring tools and cleko pliers from the States.

I've also been going through my hardware inventory and it looks like I'll have to put on a Sale to clear some of the stock that has been on hand too long

Old Man Emu

PRICES AND DETAILS: DEBURRING TOOL

The deburring tool is currently $18.32 plus GST and P/H.

The attachment gives some details of the blades supplied; what they can cut and what they can do.

Old Man Emu

SHAVIV DEBURRING TOOL BLADES.docx

It's here at last!!!!

IT'S HERE AT LAST!

QED AIRCRAFT PARTS AND HARDWARE INVENTORY.

This is a copy of the current inventory that is held by QED Aircraft Parts adn hardware. You can see that the range is very large, and with the $US moving around so much, I don't alter the prices except when I receive new stock.

Even so, you'll find big savings on my prices compared to the big suppliers.

Old Man Emu

QED INVENTORY .xlsx

QED INVENTORY .xlsx

QED INVENTORY .xlsx

1. The NatFly people didn't get back to me with details about having a stall, so I'm not going :(

I've answered your PM.

2. I've only published the list of hardware that I carry because I'd be forever having to upload amended lists. It gives people an idea of the wide range of stuff that is available. If you need a price, just email me a request at [email protected]

Old Man Emu

Thanks Ian, but it's too late to get things organised right now. I'll just have to rely on this fine forum to attract business. That's if someone sends me an invoice for this quarter's advertising (hint. hint.)

OME