Chimera 'TrikeAcopter'

Phil Perry

Looks great as the rego suggests, that is if you're into flying ceiling fans.

Not overly keen on whirlygyros. . . flown a few, starting with a Bensen Gyro-Glider towed behind a car. . . No offence intended towards those who do though. . . .It'z a flying appliance after all. . .

It looks like a P&M quik trike with a rotor in place of the flex wing. And I’d hazard a guess as targeting the aging trike pilot market who find handling the heavy wings of a trike and who may find it easier to train on a TRIKE controlled rotor system ... it’s got the A frame of actrike and from what I see it’s rigged the same as a trike

It looks like a P&M quik trike with a rotor in place of the flex wing. And I’d hazard a guess as targeting the aging trike pilot market who find handling the heavy wings of a trike and who may find it easier to train on a TRIKE controlled rotor system ... it’s got the A frame of actrike and from what I see it’s rigged the same as a trike

Yes, I thought it looked a lot like the Quik or GT450. . . although the fuel burn is going to frighten them, since the whole concept is very 'Draggy' being in autorotation all the time, which will mean slower cruising speeds. I'd be interested in a ride in one to see what the yaw stability is like. . . since most GCs feature a rudder aft of the prop. . .but I assume that they have addressed this aspect. . .

Not P&M. But it’s got associations with Brian Milton so I’d run and run fast in the other direction.

No, I didn't think it was a P+M product,. . .just a 'trikey' lookalike. . . someone mentioned to me today that the thing was photographed some time last year ( ? ) if so, perhaps it has been shelved. I'll ask around the traps a bit more.

Oh Dear,. . . you don't mean 'Amphibious CFM Shadow Milton' do you ?

No, I didn't think it was a P+M product,. . .just a 'trikey' lookalike. . .Oh Dear,. . . you don't mean 'Amphibious CFM Shadow Milton' do you ?

Yep. That one.

Yep. That one.

Sad day tomorrow - Going to the funeral of a former Flexwing Instructor from Otherton. His name is Michael New. Was a smashing chap, he'd been very ill following a heart attack several years ago. Had a mechanical valve and a defib unit + pacemaker fitted which at least gave him a few years, He had even got back into flying a shared Rans S6, but not instructing. Most of the Staffordsdshire Aero Club will be in attendance. I only mentioned this as you may perhaps have known / heard of him through the BMAA. He did is ratings with Geoff Weighell. He worked as an AFI under Hagar the Horrible - Mr. Faulkner, the then CFI and manager. Most people in the UK microlight scene know of Gordon. He's mellowed recently, but back into inspecting and instruction / testing.

Personally, when I look up during flight, I'm more than happy to see a big kite just above me, lot more reassuring than looking up and hoping the blades are still there, as we say here in Oz, yeh .........NAH!!003_cheezy_grin.gif.a3ff7382d559df9a047d5e265974e5f3.gif

• Like 1