recent trip to West Sale video

Dazza38,

That is the trimmer for the keel on the SST wing, it pulls down on the rear half of the keel through a bungee cord set up inside the rhs control frame to adjust the angle of attack of the wing.

The SST or strutted wing has set reflex in the sail by 2 outer sprogs on each side of the wing inside the sail.

The non strutted wings have the same trim wheel but reflex is applied through luff lines on the trailing edge of the sail.

Yeah it was well edited the video that my pax Mark took, just a shame the cold air drained his battery alot quicker, next year he is going to set up multiple cameras for different angles instead of looking over and around my boof head.

Cheers

Alf

Dazza38,That is the trimmer for the keel on the SST wing, it pulls down on the rear half of the keel through a bungee cord set up inside the rhs control frame to adjust the angle of attack of the wing.

The SST or strutted wing has set reflex in the sail by 2 outer sprogs on each side of the wing inside the sail.

The non strutted wings have the same trim wheel but reflex is applied through luff lines on the trailing edge of the sail.

Yeah it was well edited the video that my pax Mark took, just a shame the cold air drained his battery alot quicker, next year he is going to set up multiple cameras for different angles instead of looking over and around my boof head.

Cheers

Alf

Thanks Alf, i learn here every day, i like things all aviation, i will have to try a trike, one day.Thanks Cheers:wave:

Dazza38,

Yep give the trike ago one day i am sure you will love it.:thumb_up:

I trained in a 172 25 or so years back tried the trikes way back and said this was for me, yep a bit slower than jabs ect but a hell of a lot of fun.

If your into riding motorbikes you will like triking.

Cheers

Alf

Lovely video 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif - makes me want to go try a trike :big_grin: I must do it one dayCheers

H

MrH

Fill ya boots mate you might just like it, i did.

If your ever heading up this way on a weekend jaunt PM me and i'll take you for a spin if I am at home and not at work.

Cheers

Alf

[quote=alf jessup;204367.......If your ever heading up this way on a weekend jaunt PM me and i'll take you for a spin if I am at home and not at work.

Cheers

Alf

Thanks Alf, I may just take you up on that KIND OFFER :)

Cheers

H

• 3 weeks later...

I Agree Alf!

[quote= yep a bit slower than jabs ect but a hell of a lot of fun.

If your into riding motorbikes you will like triking.

Yep Alf I hear you, I would have to agree wholeheartedly about the motorbike comment, I vowed and declared I would never go up in one of those things because I reckoned they weren't safe ( Long Story!) even as early as the start of this year, but I had to have one try, what can I say? I went up with Peter at Yarrawonga Flight Training, loved it and made the switch from 3 axis to trikes and am now the proud owner of 'The Black Duk,' yep that's her over to the left, and when everyone (who doesn't understand) asks me WHY? or do I have a death wish? I tell them because it's just like riding my motorbike :bmwrider: but at 1500 ft, it's the best! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

cheers, Rosco (alias 'The Duk')

Rosco,

Congratulations on the licence and the new bird.

Yep just like a motorbike but 500 times safer, only dangerous part about the flying is the drive to the aerodrome as you got more chances of dying in a car accident heading out there unless of course you are a cowboy type flyer which you will increase your risk.

I have been flying them now 5 and a bit years and have about 630 hrs logged and havent lost the passion one bit, logged myself about 10hrs over the last 2 weeks in some awesome weather we have been having.

Once again welcome to the realm of the fruit bat pilot.

Cheers

Alf

Hey Alf,

lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet, the bird I own, the license is still coming, I had a change in work recently and went from financially rich and time poor to time rich and financially poor, 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif but the good thing is I have a life again, getting stuff done around the house, keeping the cook happy, you know, and living in hope that:

plan A: the motorbike sells.... or

plan B: the cook gets sick of me whining / sulking and springs for the rest of the lessons and then the bike sells and I can repay the debt.

Either way I'm grounded and sulking @ present 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif ha ha!

As for Fruit Bat Pilot love it, certainly sounds better than flying a Death Dart as my instructor tells me they are called, yes comforting I know, but he tells me he's a good pilot and he flies them so what can I say.

Oh and thanks for rubbing it in regarding the weather, I get up most mornings, have a look outside and start sulking again, every beautiful morning I just think, "yep !" anyhow enough of my woes, it's good to know that there are others out there making the most of it, life's to short to waste, and I know this good thing will come to me who waits cheers and happy flying, Rosco :thumb_up:

...when everyone (who doesn't understand) asks me WHY? or do I have a death wish? I tell them because it's just like riding my motorbike :bmwrider: but at 1500 ft, it's the best! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gifcheers, Rosco (alias 'The Duk')

Rosco: LOL that's what I tell them, but I usually say "It's like riding a motorbike with million dollar views." but without the million dollar price tag obviously.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hey Alf, lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet, the bird I own, the license is still coming, I had a change in work recently and went from financially rich and time poor to time rich and financially poor, 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif but the good thing is I have a life again, getting stuff done around the house, keeping the cook happy, you know, and living in hope that:

plan A: the motorbike sells.... or

plan B: the cook gets sick of me whining / sulking and springs for the rest of the lessons and then the bike sells and I can repay the debt.

Either way I'm grounded and sulking @ present 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif ha ha!

As for Fruit Bat Pilot love it, certainly sounds better than flying a Death Dart as my instructor tells me they are called, yes comforting I know, but he tells me he's a good pilot and he flies them so what can I say.

Oh and thanks for rubbing it in regarding the weather, I get up most mornings, have a look outside and start sulking again, every beautiful morning I just think, "yep !" anyhow enough of my woes, it's good to know that there are others out there making the most of it, life's to short to waste, and I know this good thing will come to me who waits cheers and happy flying, Rosco :thumb_up:

Jeez Duk,

Sorry about being financially rich and time poor then visa versa.

But have pity on me in a few months as I will be time rich and finacially poor also lol as my job here offshore is finishing.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

But I own the trike and have a ticket:clap:

As for your plan A, I sold my bike to help pay for the first trike:blush:

As for your plan B, I hope my wife nags the bejeezus out of me to get out of her face 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif and tells me to go flying, if she doesnt nag me I'll go flying anyway.keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

I'm grounded and sulking too at the moment, only 13 days to go before I am back onshore as i only came out today for my 2 week stint:sad:

As for the flying death darts, the only ones i take are in a packet of 20's when i'm onshore ;) flying down into my lungs:ah_oh:

No worries about me rubbing it in going flying on these cool still winter mornings, it's my pleasure mate:laugh: but your time will come and i might be sulking then:).

Stick with it mate all good things come to all who wait and once you got the ticket and the finances sorted you will be able to take the lovely to greater heights than ever before:laugh:

Cheers

Alf

It's like riding a motorbike with million dollar views but without the million dollar price tag.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hey Scott, I like the way you think, I will be using your quote, especially about the price tag.

Hey Alf, I thought the sulking had paid off last night as the cook threatened to go to the bank today and get however much I needed to go flying, but she was just trickin', oh well back to sulking.

As for taking my lovely up for a fly, I think that rates in the hell freezing over category as far as a trike is concerned, I believe that I had half a chance whilst I was learning to fly a Tecnam, but if I remember rightly her words on the way home from Yarrawonga were, "Not no way, Not now, Not ever!" but as I am ever the optimist, at least she didn't say no, I think that leaves a glimmer of hope 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Any how have a good couple of weeks at work, paper planes over the side might be the go, cheers Rosco