Pictures in posts

Admin

Hi All

You're killing me...lately many posts seem to have images included in them that are linked and are large in size rather than using the site's inbuilt image upload and thumbnail capability.

Having images full size in a post hurts every user by increasing their bandwidth usage, slows the display of the page right down for many site users not to mention the extra bandwidth the site has to pay for.

It is ALWAYS better to instead of doing this:

recreational_flying.gif

to do this instead:

recreational_flying.gif.76c8d103002fcf301e94ad8ca43185f5.gif

so users can click on the thumbnail image to view it and when they are returning to the page to say read an extra post that has been added to the thread, that they don't have to reload the full image that they have already seen again...also makes the page display a lot lot smoother for everyone.

Here is a video on how to add pictures to your posts:

[media=vimeo]15251966[/media]

• Informative 2

I quite see the problem, when Captain uploaded his (excellent) pictures from Natfly I had to stop visiting the thread because my machine hung up on the page that had those pics until they'd all finished loading, took ages. Suggestion - maybe you could kill the option to display the uploaded images as full size or thumbnail? Make it thumbnail only?

• Agree 2

Sorry to say but it's as clear as mud! Too fast for my aged brain,Phil

Software has already been purchased to include a complete support Help Desk for users in the upcoming site upgrade. The Help Desk has support tickets, FAQ and predefined answers for myself and the moderators to answer commonly asked questions. Here are some screen shots of the upcoming Recreational Flying Help Desk User Support System:

3.png.6c280338958fe765cb7a9f704f322555.png

1.png.b9fcb10b8f5028c7eb6b7ba1e32d40f6.png

2.png.67c8317d65cc06fc0d5fee88e1348b26.png

I tried looking for a way to thumbnail the pics last night but couldnt seem to do it and now I see it has been done. If you did it Boss Im sorry for the extra work and please consider my hand as been smacked.087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

• Like 1