Big Boy's Toys

Spin

Some magnificent machines, I just can't imagine myself sinking that amount of effort and money into something that can't get me off the ground - at least whilst I am still physically able.

• Like 1

You have to admire their dedication, but it's a lot of money lost in the event of a mishap. I think if I had the time & money, I'd rather build a 6 dof motion simulator. At least once it's built, you can't crash it.

Cheers, Willie.

Cost of a jet in Australia is around $3500.00 depending on how many bells and whistles go with it.

That would have been the bloopers from a big meet, they didn't show several days of normal flights.

Some of them looked like control reversal problems. Some people have trouble adapting when the aircraft is coming towards them, and they've probably smashed up a couple making the wrong move, hence the aircraft scraping one wing with no corrective action in case they smashed another one.

The training standards are stricter these days and most of these aircraft have long lives. The airframe itself is quite cheap, so repairs aren't that expensive.