New to flying! Resources for learning about airplanes??

Emtron7

Hello everyone!

I just took a ride on a biplane at Boeing Field in Seattle and I LOVED it so much, I want to get a pilots license someday. I am looking for resources to learn everything I can about airplanes. Any suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Thanks!!

Find a copy of a book called Stick and Rudder, by Wolfgang Langewiesche. While it was written some time ago and some of the terminology used is outdated, it thoroughly explains THE most important thing about flying - the Angle of Attack!

Mal

• Agree 1

I wouldn't rely on that book alone. It is one aspect of it presented his way. Angle of attack is very important. I haven't read any flying training book that I completely agree with but most of them have something to offer. Just don't fixate on anything too early..Flight Without Formulea (Kermode) was considered a good read . Jim Davis book is an uncomplicated approach. to flying an aeroplane. Nev

• Agree 1

Thank you for all your comments!! Mike, what is the EAA and why should I join?Thanks!!!

Hi,

I am a member of EAA and I find it a great resource. The Webinars are really good, and there are masses of archived Webinars for you to trawl through as well, so you can just select those areas of particular interest. The monthly magazine is also very good. As you are based in the US there should be a local EAA Chapter that you can join where you can meet fellow aviation enthusiasts and get loads more info.

Cheers,

Neil

• Agree 1