Rotax 912/914 oil filter strip.

Downunder

Thought I'd make something up for those that are interested in the internals of the Rotax oil filter.

I may not have some of the terms exactly correct, but hopefully get some info across without being flamed too hard...

Parts are named and described basically as I see them....

1145006040_Rotax912914oilfilter..jpg.8385dfe526c040bfd2c27ee9356cf44a.jpg

IMG462.jpg.26f7958ccc8c09fccb1ebeb7f0880c35.jpg

IMG464.jpg.a38e826bac28fe666a7f56cbd08db9c9.jpg

IMG467.jpg.f6c468ce1ecf05f56166e0abdfe43f0b.jpg

• Like 3

I like it. About all that's missing is the area of the filter element, the pressure at which the bypass-valve operates and the porosity of the element-material. Just goes to show the complexity in a modern oil-filter. Well done and nice pix too!

I like it. About all that's missing is the area of the filter element, the pressure at which the bypass-valve operates and the porosity of the element-material. Just goes to show the complexity in a modern oil-filter. Well done and nice pix too!

Thanks for your comments.......

As far as the bypass pressure goes, I could drill a hole in in the valve and connect a "fish scale" to get the spring tension and measure the diametre of the hole. As pressure=force/area, (spring tension =force & dia of hole = area) it can be calculated I guess .

What would stuff me up is the units of measurement and converting them to a correct psi/kpa/ bar readout.

I'm willing to supply the figures if someone wants to do the calculation?

Is there and interest in me doing a Jab filter? Whats the number? I take it the 4 and 6 cyl are the same?