RainBow Beach Airstrip

Guest extralite

Guest extralite

Hoping to meet friends staying at rainbow beach. Cant find much about rainbow beach airport other than its 2800 feet and dirt. HAs anyone ever been there and have any more info?

Guest extralite

thanks very much. friends picking me up transport should be okay. I will call Ray. Its an RV 7. not huge wheels. Google maps makes it look a bit rough but il check it out.

• 2 years later...
Guest extralite

Hi..was hoping to fly into Rainbow beach in RV 7 on Sunday back Monday to meet some friends paragliding. Does anyone have any updates on the strip? Ray the contact above has not answered phone/messages so far today so may be out of date?

Hi..was hoping to fly into Rainbow beach in RV 7 on Sunday back Monday to meet some friends paragliding. Does anyone have any updates on the strip? Ray the contact above has not answered phone/messages so far today so may be out of date?

Last time I was in Rainbow he was looking to retire and selling the lease on the airstrip.

I've been there in a Jabiru J430 (with a paraglider in the back). Very soft sandy surface. We let the tyres down just to get rolling and just managed to get away. That was on 500 X 6 tyres.

extralite,

Cooloola Cove may be a better option, it is a bit further away from Rainbow Beach but I believe it is in better condition than the one at Rainbow, not sure who you need to contact there, someone else on the forum may have contact details.

David

Guest extralite

Thanks for that. The real estate agent told mates that the airstrip is functioning and sky diving taking place there all the time but maybe that's not a reliable info. Cooloola looks better. Thanks for the info.

• 5 months later...
What is the CTAF there? is it the same as Orchid Beach?David

Rainbow Beach and Orchid Beach strips are both marked on charts without a dedicated CTAF so both would be 126.7