The Jack Daniels fishing story. . .

Phil Perry

I went fishing one morning but after a short time I ran out of prawns. Then I saw a red belly black snake with a frog in his mouth.. . . . Frogs are good barra bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me while he'd got the frog in his mouth,. . . I grabbed him right behind the head, took out the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now. . . . the problem was,. . . how to release the snake without getting myself bitten, it can be a bit of a bugger getting snakebitten when you're ninety kilometres from the nearest hospital. . ..

So, thinking quickly,. . . I reached into my rucksack and grabbed my trusty bottle of Jack Daniels, . . and then I poured a little whiskey into the snake's mouth.

He looked shocked and real surprised you know ?. . .then his eyes rolled back, and he went real limp.

I released him into the lake without any problems and carried on fishing using the frog for bait.

About half an hour later,. . . I felt a nudge on my foot.

I looked down and It was that same bloody snake ! !

The little bugger had brought two more frogs . . .!

• Haha 1

Now THAT's a genuine LOL!! I had a visual. Would have to be tail first, of course. And if the snake's a male, the spear is barbed...

Now then Marty,. . . .you're giving away your snakeology knowkedge re red bellies. . . .! evidence of a mis-spent youth in the library when you should've been out there on yer Lambretta finding out the difference between boyz 'N' girls. . . . .

Now then Marty,. . . .you're giving away your snakeology knowkedge re red bellies. . . .! evidence of a mis-spent youth in the library when you should've been out there on yer Lambretta finding out the difference between boyz 'N' girls. . . . .

Sad but true Phil. Except for the Lambretta of course. At age 18 I went for a Honda XL185 road/trail, then graduated to VFR750.

You should always carry a flask of Port on these fishing trips, then if you encounter this situation, a few gulps might give the snake enough Dutch courage to toad the line!

OME

knowledge re; red bellies. . . .!

I had property just outside of Beenleigh (Qld) right next to the sugar cane fields next to the Logan River .... red belly central, bastards everywhere.