RPL to PPL ??

Here is one for the people in the know.... I currently have my RPL with radio, navigation and tail-wheel endorsements, I also hold a class 2 medical and passed my PPL theory exam recently. My question is what do I need to do for a PPL license???

Assuming you have the required number of hours, then all that would be left to do is pass the PPL flight exam. It is possible the flight school may want to do a few lessons with you though if you've not flown with them before (to ensure you have the required flight training).

61.545 Aeronautical experience requirements for grant of private pilot licences—aeroplane category

(1) An applicant for a private pilot licence with the aeroplane category rating must have at least 40 hours of aeronautical experience that includes:

(a) at least 35 hours of flight time as a pilot; and

(b) at least 20 hours of flight time as pilot of an aeroplane; and

© at least 10 hours of solo flight time in an aeroplane; and

(d) at least 5 hours of solo cross‑country flight time in an aeroplane; and

(e) at least 2 hours of dual instrument time; and

(f) at least one hour of dual instrument flight time in an aeroplane.

(2) Any of the required aeronautical experience that is not completed as flight time as a pilot must be completed as simulated flight time in an approved flight simulation training device for the purpose.

(3) The cross‑country flight time required by paragraph (1)(d) must include a flight of at least 150 nautical miles during which a full‑stop landing is made at each of 2 aerodromes not within the flight training area for the aerodrome from which the flight began.

Here is one for the people in the know.... I currently have my RPL with radio, navigation and tail-wheel endorsements, I also hold a class 2 medical and passed my PPL theory exam recently. My question is what do I need to do for a PPL license???

Does your RPL navigation endo cover CTA? AFAIK, you must have CTA experience before doing your PPL Licence test. Whether this entails Class C as well as Class D is another point to ask the flight school with whom you hope to be proposed for the test. Good luck at getting into Class C with any certainty though. Happy days,

Does your RPL navigation endo cover CTA? AFAIK, you must have CTA experience before doing your PPL Licence test. Whether this entails Class C as well as Class D is another point to ask the flight school with whom you hope to be proposed for the test. Good luck at getting into Class C with any certainty though. Happy days,

The Nav Endorsement does not include CTA. CTA and CTZ are separate endorsements which you can get on both your RPL and PPL. I could be wrong but I don't think it's required for the PPL.

I was under the impression from CASA briefings before part 61 came in, that PPL and CPL licences could only be issued with airspace endorsements and that current holders of a PPL without CTA endorsements had three years to get an endorsement or revert to an RPL. It would seem Part 61 has confused CASA every bit as much as the rest of us.