Just SuperSTOL crash lands

Guest SrPilot

Guest SrPilot

AvWeb is reporting that the Just Aircraft SuperSTOL demonstrator went down on August 2 just after takeoff due to loss of power because of water-contaminated fuel. The plane was "destroyed" but those on board were uninjured. Just Aircraft owner Troy Woodland was piloting the plane.

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/101/3122-full.html?ET=avweb:e3122:429440a:&st=email#224670

This was the first report of the accident to come my way. Personally, I think the SuperSTOL is a very interesting airplane. If I lived in Alaska or somewhere in the Rockies, or were 25 years [or more] younger, I'd be a prospect. As things are, the Foxbat can serve my needs in virtually all the areas in which I live and fly. Ergo, I opted for an A22LS. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Did well to get out of it uninjured, I guess it says something about being a slow plane.

I wonder if they did a fuel drain after their last refuelling? Good reminder to do it every morning and then again after each refuel throughout the day.

• Agree 1