Private airstrip access

Well I think it is fairly obvious that a second airport, especially if it can have no curfew, will have a huge impact. For the most part it will be good but obviously if you are near it it can have a huge negative impact.

There is no easy solution as far as I can see. It is a win for the majority but sucks for a few.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sydney Airport Corp (aka Macquarie Bank) paid $4.2b for Sydney Airport,..... up and running, with it's multiple runways, terminals etc.

Why would it even consider spending $8b - $9b for a single airport runway, might not have a curfew (Yet), but it does have

a runway use condition (Politically attached) where aircraft will take off and land from the same direction. (To/From the West)

How many movements will that be per hour ??

Sco Mo said in an interview that he hoped Superannuation Companies may consider it and come on board, but he qualified with

"It's not always the bottom line". so even the Govt is aware of it being a failure financially.

• 8 months later...

Bit late onto this discussion, ABC RN has a podcast entitled "Small airports in trouble" at Tiny airports struggling to survive

A comment made by one interviewee is to always find out which councillor will benefit from the closure or limitation of use of a small airstrip and then make sure everyone else knows that - developers and councillors seem to have the same interests.

Gympie AP is struggling with the council at present, has all sorts of restrictions "no hovering allowed" for the helicopter school!!!

I might have missed it in the previous messages but ICAO lists YHAZ? What's with that and restrictions on its use?