Strategic plan?

planesmaker

Anybody had a a look at RAAus strategic plan? What can I say? 

Accountability

In everything that RAAus does we must be accountable for our actions. This applies to directors and staff as well as members. We must be consistent with how we approach problems and be respectful of each other. 

Transparency

Being honest and open with members and other stakeholders is the centre of everything we do. We must act in an inclusive manner and our actions must always be viewed with integrity. 

this is must be what they are hoping to achieve

• Haha 1

I watched the AGM and it seemed to me that they had listened to what members have been saying. The only thing I thought was a bit off was at the beginning when MM referred to the Wentworth accident "A eurofox or foxbat  or something" seemed like they were trying to down play it.

I watched  the AGM to see what the strategic plan might be, if RAA goes into any commercial operations I will no longer be a member. There was some talk about the oaks?  but it didn't seem serious. 

“The Board also discussed medical policy and met with CASA during the course of our meeting to discuss appropriate medical reform opportunities for RAAus. We look forward to sharing the outcomes of these discussions with members once they are finalised.”

The above quote should ring alarm bells to membership (obviously depending on your individual opinion of the direction taken by the two Ms) but should give cause to at least what “reforms” they are seeking.  Ignore these individuals at your own peril -  just look at some of the “forced” changes to the Tech Manual (submitted by Linke before agreement by the then current board).  

I have given up, but get control back to membership or accept GA conditions, it is up to the membership who supported the change in structure or accept the outcomes and don’t complain about the result. (I would have not have purchased a LSA aircraft had I had any idea that RAA would go the way it has).

Remember Monk voted AGAINST reform for the RPL and if you still support him I have nothing further to submit (result only found out by FOI application).

You Mob are being played for the Fools that you are.

The aircraft in the Wentworth accident was an Aeropro Eurofox 3K.  The Aircraft details area on the related ATSB page has the model recorded only as an Aeropro 3K 100hp.  Although the RAAus aircraft database has it listed as Manufucturer:  Euro Fox.   Model:  3K  100hp.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/2018/aair/ae-2018-072/

http://flysafe.raa.asn.au/admin/aircraft_database_registration.html

What could be slightly disturbing to some people, is that RAAus hasn't really mentioned anything about the accident or offered simple condolences, but posted photos on Facebook, of an intact Eurofox from their recent staff training day.  

• Agree 1

A fair portion of the AGM was members talking about PPL medical issues

Not sure what they were expecting RAA to do?

Likely RAA will be trying to get medical relaxation for CTA and or MTOW increase pilots, it looks like they will need Class 2 at present

Likely RAA will be trying to get medical relaxation for CTA and or MTOW increase pilots, it looks like they will need Class 2 at present

Really!!  Do you honestly believe that statement. Monk is already ON RECORD voting AGAINST medical reform for the RPL.  Quite a lot of RPC holders have already done the RPL solely for CTA access and he is against  that.  Look at the facts of performance and not the hype.

Remember the proposal for MTOW increase included LAME maintenance by “OUR?” Organisation “to ensure work for LAMEs” unbelievably their words. One needs to seriously consider the intent of certain individuals.

I guess “money for LAMEs” partly  explains the renigned, CASA appointed and resigned, ex Tech Manager now back on a permanent RAA wage secrecy fiasco.

• Like 1

No idea really but would make more sense than conspiracies.

Reckon RAA and others should stay concerned about their own businesses rather than what others do or don't have

He doesn't want reduced medical for RPL (or RPL at all Id guess) as its a threat to RAA as a whole - keeping RAA viable is his job. He probably shouldn't have been asked for opinion.

• Haha 1

He probably shouldn't have been asked for opinion.

On a committee and VOTED not asked an opinion.

I  have written  detailed response to your post, but will sit on it for a day or so whilst I consider whether to post it or just let the matter take its natural course.  Probably adopt the latter.

Suffice to say that if ALL organisations worked for the benefit of pilots and not try to empire/ego build and set up restrictions then the aviation industry would be better off - not one against the other as many pilots are qualified with more then one licence/certificate.