Just Joined, A & P rebuilding a Savannah S

Fat Tire STOL

Greetings,

I am an A & P working on an \ Savannah S repair, in trade for partial ownership, hopefully.    Anybody here have the Savannah Tailwheel conversion?   Any comments on performance tailwheel vs nose wheel?    Thannks.

Welcome. You will find several Savvy owners here, although I am not one of them. They are a very competent plane for short field work. I have never seen the tailwheel version but it should be good.

Hi FTS.

There are quite a number of Savannah owners and pilots in this forum or, like me, Savannah builders.

There is a plentiful supply of Savannah information on this great Rec Flying site which is worthwhile reading.

Edited by eightyknots

So I have been in contact with the factory, and they say the conversion is doable,  doesn't sound like a huge deal.  I got to see the fuselage to the airplane tonight, and there is very little damage to it.  The logs are a little limited,  have to see what's going on with them, but the most hours the plane could have on it is 200 TTAF.

It has 8.00 X 6 mains and nose wheel, so it's kind of ready for off airport use.  Coolest thing is ownership will include a heated hanger and a 2000' geass strip! Now if we can just get parts.  Supposedly they should arrive around year end. I think the original owner wants to leave it a nose wheel airplane though.   With a deal like this,  I can't be bitchy about it!