Aeropup Undercarriage Legs?

jackc

I don't know anything about Aeropup but an acquaintance had a U/C collapse on one when the tension rod failed at a welded tube to lug joint. It appeared that most of the weld had been ground off to make it look pretty.  

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Thruster88 said:

I don't know anything about Aeropup but an acquaintance had a U/C collapse on one when the tension rod failed at a welded tube to lug joint. It appeared that most of the weld had been ground off to make it look pretty.  

My problem is, the legs are not symmetrical even though the manufacturing jig has allegedly not changed.  My aircraft was ground looped by a previous owner as was subsequently repaired with a replacement leg,  which has different camber and toe out that is visually obvious.  I am working on getting another leg or have it repaired. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for pics, see you are fitting a disc brake kit, too.  I have a Black Max one to go on but I need to sort out my existing  problem.  Aeropup are making me a new right side leg to match the replacement  they fitted to the left side that they replaced when the previous owner ground looped the machine.

Less chance of tearing a valve off with tubeless, only thing better is the full blown one piece bushwheels :D 

The black max rims are two piece with an o-ring seal for tubeless tyres.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...