Need information please thruster t300

Damien

Hi guys I just bought a thruster t300 and wanted to get it back in the air is there any sites or information in regard to this  thanks in advance Damien 

80A3A913-5421-4245-8B8F-D89EB72F5DB7.jpeg

26667153-A20A-4DCE-AEC0-AD62FD4346EC.jpeg

CCA911F7-743A-456F-A01C-6A171B6D9624.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Damien said:

Is this the plate facthunter ?

167E8043-AC24-4D9A-8D7E-9941E28A2565.jpeg

That is the serial number, built in 1988 number 302 in total, mine is 088-286. Facthunter was talking about the strut fittings, they must be spot welded together,  not welded along the edges.  

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

5 hours ago, Damien said:

Is this the leading edge and tail edge strut contact points mid wing? 
thanks guys 

Yes the stainless steel part that joins the wing strut and the wing lift wires to the wing front and rear spar. They would almost certainly have been replaced if wrong type however never assume anything with aircraft.  

Screenshot_20221017-045459_Drive.jpg

3 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

Damian, your plane has the Swift pod developed by Tony Hayes. It attempted to reduce some parasitic drag and be a little more aesthetic. Nice to see you re-building, have fun, Don

Edited by Methusala
Spelling
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Methusala said:

Damian, your plane has the Swift pod developed by Tony Hayes. It attempted to reduce some parasitic drag and be a little more aesthetic. Nice to see you re-building, have fun, Don

thanks don do you know if your still able to get new skins for these ?

17 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

Yes the stainless steel part that joins the wing strut and the wing lift wires to the wing front and rear spar. They would almost certainly have been replaced if wrong type however never assume anything with aircraft.  

Screenshot_20221017-045459_Drive.jpgCF3576B7-1790-4417-832A-D82403DDC7D0.thumb.jpeg.1dc3320f9c5f48698b7565d802a0f38e.jpg.aaec3dc2aca084c9a870237fb1748de0.jpg

I check the bore of this engine it still has cross hatched in the cylinders and looks like new piston rings as the previous owners son who advised that the engine was rebuilt but only ran up for testing purposes 

one step closer any other information that you guys with experience think  I need to check or advise to work on ??

• Like 1

Not sure what you've done yet, but complete rubber hose/radiator mount/ Carby socket replacement wouldn't hurt if you don't know its history. One less thing to go wrong.

Rotax website has all the info and part numbers you need and Bert Floods should have it all.

Hopefully you have (or they are on record with RAAus) the Weight and Balance paperwork. Will make the re-registration process much easier.

The skins don't look faded at all. I would be thinking that if you can get someone knowledgeable to give them a test for you, just to be sure, they should last many years if kept out of sunlight. 

• Agree 2

Thanks for the info  yep that is in the to do list replacement of all perishable items such as mounts,rubbers, hoses, ect .I also want to upgrade the cht and egt gauges and maybe put in fuel gauge and flow meter any other advice it all helps

cheers Damien 

• Like 1

Grand Rapids Technology make a brilliant instrument monitors cht, egtx2, revs, hrs, volts etc. Programmable limits warning and not affected by vibration as are mech gauges. Had one in my T300 and weighs very little. :-) Don

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1