3rd Ford

4th Ford

5th Holden

6th Ford

7th Ford

8th Holden

9th Ford

10th Ford

So 7 out of the top 10 cars were Ford 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif :thumb_up:

Guest basscheffers

"There ain't nothing much stock about stock car racing"

This just proves Ford body panels are faster! (according to my mate who builds these things for Triple-eight Racing, that's about all they get from Ford.)

Same goes for Holden Bass' , besides, you live, or fly, too near to their original point of manufacture (Elizabeth) Did you also notice that only 3 Fords DNF, the rest were Holdens, of coarse.

Guest basscheffers

Of course it does, who said it didn't?

I could never drive a Commodore, they always seem to screech tyres when driving off, fishtail around corners and the seat is so far back you have to lean forward to reach the steering wheel! :big_grin:

That's the ones I see driving around here anyway, more so the closer you get to the factory!

Guest basscheffers

BA Falcon here too - dedicated gas wagon XT that costs me $11.18 per 100km. :thumb_up: Why does anyone still drive on petrol? :confused: Wish they made it in a more economical 3 liter engine, though; it really doesn't need 4.

Some pretty shoddy design in the thing, though. To replace the headlight bulbs, you have to remove the battery and its box on the right side or the air filter on the left! This was an ever so slightly easier job in my '86 Corolla...

Guest airsick
Some pretty shoddy design in the thing, though.

Like most things Australian! I have a mate with a Commodore and recently spent some time in a hired Falcon. Neither of them impressed me that much, especially in terms of finish.

Guest basscheffers

I mostly bought mine because on the second hand market they are cheap and plentiful! I really needed a wagon and there aren't too many imports available.

It is comfortable enough, but an automatic car in this price range bought from elsewhere would have had cruise control. (I'd really like to have it when cruising to Melbourne) Ford wants you to buy an expensive options package full of useless gimmicks just to get cruise...

Haha.. subaru make fantastic cars.. deffinatly my pick.. i have always driven holdens, but i was lucky enought own an old 4wd turbo leonne...whata gem of a car.. drove a ford falcon once..and once only, what buckets of puss they are..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif...bloody laownsey..ggrrrlll...traitor..traitor..;)

ps.. how many times has holden won bathurst compared to ford??..nearly double.. don't ya love statistics..

Road travel.

A five year old Falcon (fairmont) costs bu**er-all, and when you put it on gas, costs less per Km than almost anything else to run. That is why most of the taxi's are Falcons, and I have seen them with 1,300,000 Kms, on the odometer. Most modern cars are too complex , and too dear to serviceand the break down for the silliest of reasons. IF they are European, just hope you are still with warrantee. Spend the money you save on something that you can really relate to, like the plane of your dreams.

Don't try to justify that in any economic way, just admit to yourself that it's an addiction, and get on with it.. Nev...

Guest Flyer40
"There ain't nothing much stock about stock car racing"This just proves Ford body panels are faster! (according to my mate who builds these things for Triple-eight Racing, that's about all they get from Ford.)

Absolutely correct, and not even the panels are the same as those used on the road cars. In fact there's not a single nut or bolt in common with the road cars.

Sorry guys, the news gets even worse if you're thinking the race result means something about which is the better road car. Under the skin both the Holden and Ford touring cars are essentially the same using the same components made by the same manufacturers, or made in-house using identical technology to the same rules and standards.

The only area where the Holdens could be different from the Fords is body aerodynamics, and even then the designers have eliminated the difference.

Unfortunately the entire Holden vs Ford touring car formula has been a contrived falsehood since 1993. But of course it's still a good way to stir your mates.

Ah, maybe yes BUT there is one thing that is completely different between the two - the better cars have FORD written on the sticker along the top of the windscreen 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Fords do tend to have a better take off ability, but high up in the speed they can't do it.... An the Holden have better speed ability, rather than acceleration......

That's what i've noticed and also a copper friend said they nearly always get the holden car out for a high speed chase......because the Fords cut out at 180klm:loopy:

EDIT: Why does anyone still drive on petrol?

I'm working on it bass:thumb_up:, will water do;)

Cheers,

My BA cost me $16000 less than new price 'cause it was an ex-demo car with 5000k on the clock. Came complete with dual fuel conversion, cruise control and tinting. I haven't tried the 'cuts out at 180kph' bit but have had it well over the 160 mark, just to stir the oil a bit ya know, and that was on gas. Have had it now for 2 years and the only problem was a porous sump that started dripping oil. An extremely rare problem.

Must say but, I to, would like a Subaru Forrester if I could afford one.

BTW - --- -- ---, I had a nervous breakdown in my 'teens trying to learn that stuff. That God we don't need it any more

BTW - --- -- ---, I had a nervous breakdown in my 'teens trying to learn that stuff. Thank God we don't need it any more

-.-- . .- .... / .. / .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / - --- / .. ..-. / .. / .... .- -.. / - --- / .-.. . .- .-. -. / .. - / ..-. --- .-. / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. -. / .-. . .- .-.. / .-.. .. ..-. . --..-- / -... ..- - / .-- .... . -. / -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- / .. - / ..-. --- .-. / ..-. ..- -. / .. - / -- .- -.- . ... / .. - / .- / .-.. --- - / -- --- .-. . / ..-. ..- -. --..-- / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / .-- .... .- - / .. / -- . .- -. .-.-.- 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

-.-. .... . . .-. ...

- --- -- --- 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

Ps. don't frett, use this....Morse Code Translator