fireproof

William

Gosh! What happened? Anyway - welcome back - again. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gifSue

Hallo Sue, Although the 'incident occured in 1961 The RAF insist on refering to it as an 'incident' rather than an avoidable

accident, however I did learn one thing, never,never volunteer for anything again!!

I was a navigator. by the way not pilot but I did obtain my PL when I left the RAF. But as I said I have no regrets.

(except for volunteering) Regards William

Thanks Tomo,I'm always concerned that my offerings may be dismissed as the ramblings of some old'Geezer' with too much time on his hands. Well that maybe true to some extent. I am an old geezer and at the moment I do have far too much time on my hands. However I am trying to remedy that by getting immersed in the field of aviation once again. My flying was cut short when I landed an aircraft whilst in the middle of an heart attack.I had a passenger on board,The aircraft suffered no damage neither did my passenger or myself,That was 15 years ago,with any luck I might just get airborne again!! Regards William (fireproof)

thank's Dazza for your kind remaks.I note that you mentioned Boonah as your airfield.I visited Boonah some years ago.I'm not sure if it was a'Fly-in or an air display on that day.Recently I sent some photos to them.taken on that day. Since then I have been in close contact with Dave Briffa,who has invited me down there to be re-introduced to flying ,in a Tecnam,sounds great and I'm looking forward to that.

First I have to convince The orthpeadic chaps at PCH that they can now sign me off their books. I see them on Thursday the 30th of this month.

Wish me luck!!. Regards,William (fireproof)

thank's Dazza for your kind remaks.I note that you mentioned Boonah as your airfield.I visited Boonah some years ago.I'm not sure if it was a'Fly-in or an air display on that day.Recently I sent some photos to them.taken on that day. Since then I have been in close contact with Dave Briffa,who has invited me down there to be re-introduced to flying ,in a Tecnam,sounds great and I'm looking forward to that.First I have to convince The orthpeadic chaps at PCH that they can now sign me off their books. I see them on Thursday the 30th of this month.

Wish me luck!!. Regards,William (fireproof)

Hi William, i have known Dave Briffa, for a long time.Well to cut a long story short, When 482 Sqn got disbanded 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif, in the early Nineties and joined 3 AD.It became 501 Wing at Amberley.Thats when i first met David.He was my Flight Sargent in undercarriage Workshop for a month or so until he got out of the RAAF.He didnt remember me from then though lol.

He has a CPL, and is a very experienced Instructor.He also owns a C150 Cessna Texas Tw (see photos on this site by David Masion).The Tecnams at Boonah are fun to fly.You will have fun.I hope to see you there.Cheers

Thanks Dazza that's great,I feel that I might be getting back now. It is unlikely that I will ever get my licence renewed as the old ticker still poses a problem,at least with the licencing folk. Although I have suffered no problems eg Angina for instance, since 2006 they are naturally very cautious. We will see. It is strange that I handed my licencing in after the incident during my landing way back in 1995 and three weeks later it was returned with a note "No problem, carry on flying"!!!!. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Safe Flying William (fireprood)

I have to convince the orthopaedic chaps at PCH that they can now sign me off their books. I see them on Thursday the 30th of this month.Wish me luck!!.

Good luck, William! Keep thinking positive!!

Cheers

Neil :big_grin:

Welcome William,

Being a Pom from wayback, there'd be a lot of guys on here that would'nt be familiar with the term "Old Geezer". However, i've a confession to make. I fall in that catagory, just don't tell my swetheart (sweet innocent thing)

Rgds

Planey

Thanks Planey, re, your girl friend,thats just what I'm looking for.Having lost my lovely Wife early last year I'm finding life very lonely,We had been married for 58 years,she was a pom from Nottingham.West Bridgford to be exact. Funny how one tends to remember things like " old geezer" Grace my Wife used to use that phrase in a kindly way and I've only heard it used in a derogatory sense here in Australia.

Anyway,if you can find me a 'sweet innocent' young lady just let me know!!!

Good Girls & flying.

Are you still able to drive a car? (Medically). If so you can hold a pilot's certificate with RAAus. You have to get a statement from your GP. Then you can fly all the RAAus planes.

What do you want an innocent young girl for? I'm not an expert but I have been informed that Good girls are GOOD, but bad girls are GOOD-OH. I think Farri is an expert here. You had better get the good gen from him. Nev

What do you want an innocent young girl for? Nev

Geez, that a bit personal doug:laugh: What do you reckon?

You had better get the good gen from him[/b].

Another saying I have'nt heard for 50yrs.

Anyway William, good luck my friend, I certainly hope you'll be as lucky as me, and find one that loves aeroplanes almost as much as I do.

William.F de Riecroft that sounds pretty exotic name, I was just wondering where it came from? (not just your parents), but the background. Is that Puerto Rican?

Kind Regards

Planey

The original.

The original was for a "sweet innocent" young girl and that had me a little worried. I did offer you a few practical alternatives, and a source of wisdom and experience far greater than I could offer in this area. Are you going flying? You can do a few things with an instructor to help you make up your mind. There's some pretty old people flying and some of them are up to it..Cheers Nev

To all the wonderful aviators that have given me encouragment over the last few weeks THANKS.Today I was informed by the Doctors that I am now fully airworthy. Just got to try to remember what that stick in the middle is for,also all those dials and thingies.Oh I suppose I'll catch on soon enough just give me time to once again spread my wings

and get the creases shaken out. I LOVES YOUSE ALL. William (fireproof)

• 2 weeks later...