C172 Lesson Highlights (W/cockpit intercom) Windy weather!

andrewp628

Hey guys, been ages since i've posted anything here! i've now got Cockpit intercom in the video! In 2016 im moving to Adelaide to undertake a Bachelor of Aviation and get my license's upto and beyond my CPL over the 3 years im there. ill hopefully be cataloging most/ if not all my lessons and posting regular updates on my youtube channel. I'am Certainly looking forward to the adventure!

Little write up about the lesson below

Because of the location of my town, Geraldton WA, westerly winds meet with easterly's in early afternoon, this often causes strong winds and constant direction changes. Unfortunately i had a lesson right in the middle of that time. During the course of the hour we used 3 runways 08, 14,and 21. also making an appearance were several large 'Willy Willy's' (or ¿Dust Devil's? unsure of the proper term). so altogether it was certainly a challenging experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjxm06vaYc4

• Like 2

i've now got Cockpit intercom!

You sure you never had one before? 009_happy.gif.56d1e13d4ca35a447ad034f1ecf7aa58.gif

Are you planning to train with the University of South Australia?

You may be disappointed as go pro's and other cameras are banned from there aircraft.

I believe a number of other schools at Parafield have brought this in.

I know this because I have a mate studying there. This applies to all trainee pilots.

• Like 1

You sure you never had one before? 009_happy.gif.56d1e13d4ca35a447ad034f1ecf7aa58.gif

I meant in the video! fixed that now 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

i hadn't actually heard about that! that changes my plans abit! but i know ill be doing a good amount of extra flying outside of university, maybe about once a fortnight, so ill still be getting lots of footage. thanks for the heads up though! lightning.gif.d9b79727f987a9dd4d7ad3700867d001.gif

Things may have changed, this was last year. I think it had a lot to do with students sticking go pro mounts over the aircraft and then pulling them off and taking the paint with them.

I believe it is for all aircraft owned by USA so even if you fly outside of uni using a USA aircraft it still applies (unless you hire an aircraft from somewhere else).

As I said this was last year so things may have changed.

That is what I am talking about, you would have zero chance on the exterior as they would get there backsides kicked by CASA.

Students have stuck them on the ceiling and left marks on the plastic when they have tried to remove them and it is also a distraction.

• Caution 1

I'm pretty sure i've read somewhere that they're using their own aircraft and contract the operations over to another school. Dont quote me on that but its what i've heard! I have an interview on Monday for entry into the flying component so its still there :)

I'm pretty sure i've read somewhere that they're using their own aircraft and contract the operations over to another school. Dont quote me on that but its what i've heard! I have an interview on Monday for entry into the flying component so its still there :)

Have you been accepted?

There are a lot of assessments and interviews before you are a offered a place.

Looking at the casa register they only have a few aircraft that are cross hired to them, Flinders Uni in SA have more but I think that is a different uni?

As I understand it Uni SA no longer has an in house flying component to it's aviation degree. They stopped flying mid last year. Hopefully one of the other flying schools at Parafield is working with Uni SA.

Ah, an Aviation Degree without flying - only in South Australia.

• Haha 2

Have you been accepted?There are a lot of assessments and interviews before you are a offered a place.

Looking at the casa register they only have a few aircraft that are cross hired to them, Flinders Uni in SA have more but I think that is a different uni?

[/url] 

[/url]

Apparently they have 5 aircraft in there name and they're all operated by Flight Training Adelaide. Im up to the stage where I only have to sit an aptitude test and have an interview. I have been accepted in to a Bachelor of aviation which is run concurrently with the flying section. Here's information about their 'new' 2016 courses

• Like 1

There is an aero club at Parafield which hires planes out to its members. Also, if you need to get your hours up in a cheaper aircraft and happy to fly RA Aus, Gawler Airfield is not too far away too.

• Like 1