Flightygirl completes first solo... and is still high!

Hi all...

i did it... i flew my first solo today just before last light in my Savannah at Wollongong! i cannot begin to tell you all how awesome it was... though i am sure most of you know only to well. thanks so much to my favourite flying instructor Ultralights and and a big thanks to Motzartmerv for doing my pre solo check flight and sending me on my way!

I cannot get the ridiculous smile off my face! the solo flight was smooth and although i was nervous i managed to keep the squeals to a minimum and concentrated on my flying. I did let out a little woohoo on the radio after touchdown!

just the best feeling ever! dont think i'll be sleeping too much tonight. cant wait to get back out there again!

Rach 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Congratulations! That is fantastic news... :thumb_up::thumb_up:

You'll have that smile :big_grin: for the rest of your flying life now... it doesn't seem to go away, well mine hasn't! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Keep it up!

Guest JRMobile

Congratulation Flighty way to go!!!

It is somthing you will never forget - well done!

John

Good onya Rach. You did very well... I was glad it worked out how it did, like I said, I only went to the gong for fuel.. Was meant to be me thinks..

ps. Sorry for pullin the pin at 200 ft, my hand slipped...lol..:thumb_up:

Good onya Rach. You did very well... I was glad it worked out how it did, like I said, I only went to the gong for fuel.. Was meant to be me thinks..ps. Sorry for pullin the pin at 200 ft, my hand slipped...lol..:thumb_up:

yeh yeh... at least when you pulled the power on me i didnt scream like a stupid girl!

:thumb_up: best day ever! cant wait to get back up and do it again!

Guest studentbiggles

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Congrats Flightygirl....:thumb_up: Well done...I bet your cheeks are sore 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Have you joined AWPA yet? Go on, give the "Girls" and bell and tell them all your good news keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Fly Safe Alley.

Hey FlightyGirl, Well done ! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif That first solo is just awesome, isn't it? I shall toast you with a glass of wine here at my PC screen :big_grin:

Let us know how the rest of your training goes!

Cheers

Neil

Hey Rach, well done - gotta love that Savannah. Got word today my new one is completed and ready for shipment so about 8 weeks to go. I'm really hanging out. Again congrats and regards to Rob

Cheers

Bill

Good on onya Rach! ...

It looked awesome ... I do hope you had a few celabratory drinks last night! ...

ps. Sorry for pullin the pin at 200 ft, my hand slipped...lol..:thumb_up:

Yes, you are a pr**k ... Ya hadn't been in the plane with her for more than a minute lol

Well done Rachel.

Miles of smiles, i'll bet.:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin::big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

You've just to be prepared for those pesky throttle-pullers.

Rgds

Planey

thanks everyone for your support and encouragement. the recreational flying community really is amazing! its so great to be able to share these achievements with so many people who understand how amazing it is to fly... especially by yourself for the first time.

Good on onya Rach! ...It looked awesome ... I do hope you had a few celabratory drinks last night! ...

Yes, you are a pr**k ... Ya hadn't been in the plane with her for more than a minute lol

i had been warned about those pesky CFI's and their tricks..... but you've got to get up pretty early in the morning to catch me out!

keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

thought i might post Flighytgirls pe solo circuit compilation ...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUIEBIiSkBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUIEBIiSkBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

feel free to comment or criticise, im sure she can take it!

Well done:clap:, great to watch. Thanks for posting video.Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Geez that thing gets off the ground quick, even 2 up. Think i'll remove the Hills Hoist in case you want to drop in my back yard for a cuppa.:big_grin:

Kind regards

Alan

Well done:clap:, great to watch. Thanks for posting video.Thoroughly enjoyed it.Geez that thing gets off the ground quick, even 2 up. Think i'll remove the Hills Hoist in case you want to drop in my back yard for a cuppa.:big_grin:

Kind regards

Alan

hey planey... you should see how quick it takes off when there is just one on board! my first solo... the takeoff scared the heebeejeebies out of me! took off like a rocket! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

as long as your backyard is flat im sure we could drop in!