Cost for class 2 medical

I had some spare time today so called a couple of places nearby about the cost of a class 2 medical.

One place was $209, the other two were $165 and $161.

Are these good prices for a class 2 medical or should I keep calling around? I'd like some idea before I keep calling in case these are actually good prices for it - save my time and phonebills 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Or does anyone know of a place in Melbourne (city or eastern suburbs) that does them for a good price?

It's like the Monaco yachts - if you have to ask the price etc.............

Whilst I can't afford a Monaco yacht (yet), I can afford a medical 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Since asking the price so far has saved me around $40, I figured I'd ask a bit further :big_grin:

Guest Crezzi

I think mine was around $180 last time (metro Brisbane). That didn't include the CASA processing fee though

Cheers

John

Lucky you. The nearest DAME to me is an hour and a half away next nearest hour and three quarters, so shopping around will have to be offset against transport costs and time spent.

Book yourself in now...CASA will catch up...BTW i didn't realise u had such big ears!! (avitar)

Yes, it's an awfully good likeness, isn't it.

The $165 place had times available a few days next week so I think I might need to let CASA get ahead otherwise I'll get to the medical and not have my ARN. I figure that between the $165 place and the $161 place I should be able to get an appt pretty soon after I get my ARN :)

Hand, eye co-ordination

Jumping from heights

Ability to concentrate on three things at once

Hearing whispers

Arm strength for resisting out of control passengers

Attitude

Not asking questions etc

Do your medical asap!!! and then tell me everything about it pls :P Need lots of helpful tips :-)

I made the great decision of not getting medical yet, nearly ready to solo... so now to scared to go medical incase i fail... thus wasting quite abit of $$ so far (if i do fail) :(

The main thing I'm worried about is being told I have to wear my specs to fly. But I don't need them to drive (or anything much really) so hopefully I won't need them to fly...

drink heaps of water before u go....

pee test?

dont use beroccas for at least 3 days beforehand...

Don't use em anyways, so that's all good. (what do they actually do?)

and do a 'powerwalk' 10 mins before u front up.....

a last ditch attempt to get fit?

Beroccas make your eyes bulge out.

Better resign yourself on the eye test. If you require glasses to fly, it's mandatory to carry a second pair when flying - bit of a nuisance at times.

I'm short sighted in one eye so the other one essentially corrects for it and I very rarely need to wear my specs, so hopefully I'm good enough to get over the line and not need to wear them when I fly. I don't need them when I fly now, surely it can't be that different just because the plane's a little bigger? *hopes*

I made the great decision of not getting medical yet, nearly ready to solo... so now to scared to go medical incase i fail... thus wasting quite abit of $$ so far (if i do fail) :(

I'd do it soon if I were you, the Crasha website claims it takes them 3 weeks to process a medical

Do your medical asap!!! and then tell me everything about it pls :P Need lots of helpful tips :-)I made the great decision of not getting medical yet, nearly ready to solo... so now to scared to go medical incase i fail... thus wasting quite abit of $$ so far (if i do fail) :(

Hey Justin... don't fret, it's only Class 2 you need...

Unless you smoke heavily, drink heavily, take drugs, or suffer from some serious bodily issues, I'm sure you'll pass quite ok. If Can read a book or your computer screen, or the instructions on the back of a match box without to much difficulty, you should be fine.

Just go do it! The hardest part is handing the money over...

*cough* Telstra *cough* in Exhibition st.

I use to work there...3 times in fact, they kept asking me back to fix up their mistakes...IP Telephony, Upselling single display system and single call out system for front office and I forget what the 3rd one was...small world

I use to work there...3 times in fact, they kept asking me back to fix up their mistakes...IP Telephony, Upselling single display system and single call out system for front office and I forget what the 3rd one was...small world

Yeah its good fun :) I work in one of the net/sec eng groups

A few blocks from me then, I work on William St

Let me know if you want to buy some clean urine for ya test.... :P

Oh yeah the docters you called, were they in the city ? Wonder if City is more expensive (like it usually is). I was just gonna goto some random up the road in exh st. , but perhaps I'll look around if there diff $$