Hi from a Female Newbie in WA

Skippy22

Hi,

New to Just Landed. Are about 4 hours into training now in a Jabaru 120. My husband and I are learning together and tend to help each other out a bit. Hubby in early fifties, I in late forties. Longterm dream is to own our aircraft hangared on our farm. Been in and had a look around here before but now getting around to posting. Cheers

Hi and welcome from another West Australian. I haven't been here that long either, but it's a great site. Sounds like you've already got a runway, so I'm sure you'll get that aircraft before too long. Good luck to both of you with your flying.

rgmwa

Guest Kevin the Penniless

Hi, I own a Jabiru J170 (Note spelling - Jabiru with an 'i') and live in Adelaide. Naturally you folks will welcome us fellow aviators to your property for fun flyins all year round;-) We'll bring our own food/drink!

Hi Kevin,

Just a typo on the Jabiru spelling! Not quite up to airstrip stage yet but got plenty of room here so should not be too hard when the time comes, hubby already thinking about that so would welcome you. Never know ONEDAY we might get over there in something other than a commercial plane. Hubby is a ex South Aussie. We pretty friendly lot over here in rural areas, trying to get the local aero club up and going with a few more members, have the ex shire airstrip so partly there. Cheers

Guest Minifn

Hello and welcome, good luck for yourself and Hubby, in your flying training I started with my partner but she never went past solo.

Guest Howard Hughes

Welcome, you guys are really lucky, none of my wives would even get in a light aircraft, let alone learn to fly!

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Welcome to aviation. Hope you are finding that life now has a new dimension.

Great to learn with your husband. My late first wife also gained her PPL and we shared many aviation adventures, meeting many new friends, seeing new sights, and sometimes ending up in places that we never intented to visit (usually weather related, not navigational misadventure).

I have just gained RAA pilot certification after 37 years GA experience, and was quite impressed with the Jab 160 as a training aircraft. My daughter has learned to fly on a Jab 160 and I thought it was a good idea to gain RAA certification so that we might fly together.

I hope that the Skippy username is not applicable to your landings!!. May they all be greasers.

Hi, Longterm dream is to own our aircraft hangared on our farm. Cheers

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Skippy and keep the dream alive,I`ve been flying off my own property for 25 years now,the freedom to be able to do this is something that I`m sure every pilot dreams about.

Future goal.......When you fly up to the Cairns area,please call in,no landing fees and warm welcome waiting.

Cheers,

Frank.

Good to hear you are learning to fly. I am also learning to fly in a Jabiru 120 and did my first solo last weekend, awsome stuff.

We have a piper to rebuild, and we have our own strip but need to build the hanger in our spare time. We live in a fairly remote area.

Your learning will be rewarded when you go solo!!

Deb