Wings over Warwick, September 11th, 2010

XP503

That's great, thanks for posting those. I take it the amphibian winning the dead grass award is Heon (Peter's) new baby?

I wasn't able to make it this time, but looks as though I'll have to add this one to the list:clap:

I departed Boonah in the Cub enroute for Warwick but had radio troubles half way there and made the decision to turn around....

:-(

But I flew over 2 hours today in various other machines so I m happy

Yep, the amphibian is the new Super Petrel LS. Assembled with its mate during the week. Strip tested on Thursday but not yet flown as no rego. Was waiting on flight test reports from the factory to submit to RA Aus...they arrived overnight. Express post Monday for sure!

Had to play in my Drifter instead...but that is always fun anyway.

As an aside the Wings Over Warwick had a steady changing local attendance and a reasionable fly in group especially if you take yesterdays weather into account. What I found interesting was the large range of different aircraft types. For a change Jabaru's did not swamp the gathering...has the wet weather made them stay at home to nest and breed?

We have larger plans for next year...watch this space!

For those attending you would have seen over 400 trees down. After a very shakey time with Southern Downs Council a couple of years ago doing such things as allowing Volvo to use the strip for truck testing, the airfield users formed a united front and have showen the Council the error of their ways!

Now a good relationship with give and take between the Council and users. Strip resurfaced, new wind socks, new toilets and hot water at terminal, heading towards licencing the strip (tree clearing for 3deg slope), shortly fencing and new taxi way to 27 and start on 09, but most importantly much better leases in tenure and allowed AVIATION activies.

Result in business moving in (aviation!), Avgas tank, and possible start within a reasionable time on stage 3 hanger sites (NW side of strip), with the Council likely to make some money when direct and indirect returns are added up. Will take pressure off them that only see airfields as a money drain instead of a valuable local facility!

Surely a win win for both parties. Such a pleasent change both for Warwick, and for airfields in general.

Local weather patterns

Yes it was gusty and blowing stongly from the south at Boonah this morning. I expected that flying over Cunningham's gap would be inadvisable - especially since Amberly was active, and the maximum height would be 4500 ft.

However; the local aviators assured me this was a local phenomenon, and the weather at the gap would be true to the forecast.

And it was! Just a bit bumpy through the gap at 4500, and that was it! A great day at Warwick with beutiful sunny weather.

Jack. keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gifkeen.gif.7777ed0d05dcd20861d93166f822038e.gif

G'day mate, by chance were you the Bloke I met back at Airsport at Boonah, I was the one getting the Red Cub ready to depart for WCK, anyway, if so - nice to meet you in"online land"

Glad you had a good day, I turned around half way as my radio was squealing and sqwarking in my ears nearly made me deaf and my passenger didn't like it, Oh well.

It gave me an excuse to get the Drifter back out and fly a real aeroplane!

Yeah David that was Claire and I,

That aircraft we were discussing was the Trojan 'T-28' hence my misunderstanding that it was referred as a 'P-38', but still an impressive machine.

Peter

Yes it was gusty and blowing stongly from the south at Boonah this morning. I expected that flying over Cunningham's gap would be inadvisable - especially since Amberly was active, and the maximum height would be 4500 ft.However; the local aviators assured me this was a local phenomenon, and the weather at the gap would be true to the forecast.

And it was! Just a bit bumpy through the gap at 4500, and that was it! A great day at Warwick with beutiful sunny weather.

Jack. keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gifkeen.gif.7777ed0d05dcd20861d93166f822038e.gif

Hi Jack, i saw you take off at Boonah, i was getting ready to fly the Savage Cub.Your Tornado looks nice mate.

Hey boys- hope you're looking after the Savvy Cub for me;)- we have a dance booked this week. My Jabs for sale to make way for one hopefully very soon. Busy with students this weekend but will be out there Friday at this stage- Warwick sounds like it's definatley moving ahead- nice to hear for a change:)

Guest Escadrille

Hi All , I wanted to add to the Jab numbers at Warwick but other duties called, was there many aircraft there? I went out to the Goondiwindi Aero Club breakfast on Sunday .the weather was perfect but not many there..

Hey boys- hope you're looking after the Savvy Cub for me;)- we have a dance booked this week. My Jabs for sale to make way for one hopefully very soon. Busy with students this weekend but will be out there Friday at this stage- Warwick sounds like it's definatley moving ahead- nice to hear for a change:)

Hi Neal, David and i have been looking after it.:big_grin: David washes it and all the other A/c.He realy looks after the A/c.Top Bloke.