Drifter fly-in breakfast at boonah

XP503

Hey Guys just reminding that there is a "Drifter Fly-in" at Boonah this coming weekend,

I believe Sunday the 19th is the main day.

Boonah is the birthplace of most of the Drifters in Australia and the Flying-Tigers will be hosting the event so you will be looked after, the last two years have been washed out or blown out SO everyone with a Drifter please try and drop in to discuss how magical these machines are!!!! (Even if you don't fly a Drifter, PLEASE COME) The more the merrier.

Boleropiot (member on here) is organizing so contact him for more info.

Let's bring all the Drifters out of the woodwork!!

Dave[ATTACH]11896.vB[/ATTACH]

adav-14.jpg.ab7b2de982b6374b7490c7630565f116.jpg

Well I won't be Driftering (not yet) but I'll be out there to take the youngest aviation enthusiast in the house for a flip in the Eaglet:keen:. Wx looks a little iffy, although provided the cloud stays high enough we should be ok. I'll have to remember to take the trusty Canon along for some pics.

Hey there, well it looks like the weather gods are not smiling on us but let's all hope for a change and that it is clear enough on Sunday for the event to be held.

It would be great to see heaps of Drifters on the field, I am not the organizer, that is member "boleropilot" - contact him on 0438 463 601 for details or email him at [email protected] to get more info.

The last two years have been rained out or too windy, fingers and toes crossed that it is a success[ATTACH]11933.vB[/ATTACH]

24-4835_4.jpg.4ce007f3746ac018239268f257b733b9.jpg

Arrgh, got the call at 6.30 to say get back into bed, it's raining and more to come. Seems like the Drifter Brekkie hoodoo is alive and well. We'll have to conduct a ritual cleansing one of these fine days.......

Yeh could see it coming, so I had my drifter fix yesterday and did 40 min in a SB582... :big_grin:

Mowed the grass at the hangar today, did a 90 day instructor check and reminisced about a great day on friday flying the big red drifter! (cub) and hailing for eternity the realm of taildragger pilots. I've flown 5 different aircraft in 3 days including the Piper sport and that Cub has got me by the proverbials:blush:Sorry to hear about the weather, this has been the longest wait for an expected rain front in years- it just is soooo... slow moving.

Look forward to a new date with the tigers soon...:)

Mowed the grass at the hangar today, did a 90 day instructor check and reminisced about a great day on friday flying the big red drifter! (cub) and hailing for eternity the realm of taildragger pilots. I've flown 5 different aircraft in 3 days including the Piper sport and that Cub has got me by the proverbials:blush:Sorry to hear about the weather, this has been the longest wait for an expected rain front in years- it just is soooo... slow moving.Look forward to a new date with the tigers soon...:)

Hi Neal, hows it going in the cruiser.Sounds like your enjoying it mate, like Davey and I Living the dream.

Was planning on giving my Super Petrel it's first outing...being an amphibian I could have landed but would not have not found the field!

There used to be an old saying for bad luck in that "you had killed a Chineman"...you Flying Tigers must have been rearly rearly bad with the weather you get!

Hi Neal, hows it going in the cruiser.Sounds like your enjoying it mate, like Davey and I Living the dream.

Hey Dazz- yep it's been great! I've learnt to be a bit like Fred Astare in dancing and juggling around my flying commmitments to get some time in the cub, but the dancing shoes helped in taming the cub! Every pilot looking to diversify and improve their flying should do it. Greg and Peter run a very professional outfit and it is a pleasure as fellow instructors to share information on how we do things at different schools while enjoying a beautiful aircraft at the same time.

I hope to have a cub in the not too distant future so watch this space:big_grin:

Hey Dazz- yep it's been great! I've learnt to be a bit like Fred Astare in dancing and juggling around my flying commmitments to get some time in the cub, but the dancing shoes helped in taming the cub! Every pilot looking to diversify and improve their flying should do it. Greg and Peter run a very professional outfit and it is a pleasure as fellow instructors to share information on how we do things at different schools while enjoying a beautiful aircraft at the same time.I hope to have a cub in the not too distant future so watch this space:big_grin:

Thats great mate.:big_grin:

Weather looked bad, but a couple of pilots "braved" the cold, weather was quite ok.... Food was good as ever. the few that were there enjoyed the day....

Hardy lot them Drifter Drivers from Boonah - glad to hear it wasn't a complete washout.:big_grin:

• 9 months later...

not sure if this thread is still being monitored, i'll post something else on the main forum anyway

2011 event has been brought forward to avoid the problems of the last two years, this year it's sunday 17th July (only six sleeps away now)

fingers crossed for good weather guys, if ya caint get there in a hairyplane, drive (or hitchhike!!!)

looking forward to seeing any and alla youse guys there

regards

bp

hey nearly forgot = i heard that the bloke who started this thread now his very own Drifter, and i hear it is a beauty

looking forward to seeing you there DM

which of course stands for David Mason AND Don't MissOut

bp

Hey BP!!!

Yes you are correct I do own a magnificent little Drifter and it really is beautiful. BUUUUUUUTTTTTT

It is currently in the hangar at Lismore getting jazzed up even MORE by Wayne Fisher and at this stage it looks like it won't be at the fly-in. But I definitely will be!!!

Lets hope for good weather!