Changing a Light Bulb

Guest davidh10

Guest davidh10

No it isn't a joke. Have you ever wondered how the aviation beacon light on the top of a tower is repaired?

A helicopter sound like a good idea? Well, no... Make sure you are strapped into your chair and watch this

<object id="1917281" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="Climbing A 1786 Foot Tall Tower Funny Videos" width="580" height="354">

<embed src="http://embed.break.com/MTkxNzI4MQ==" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" width="580" height="354"></object>

Climbing A 1786 Foot Tall Tower - Watch more Funny Videos

Guest studentbiggles

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to stop the vid half way thru............when the guy kept looking down with his camera on his head and spinning around...........you'd want to get paid "Big" danger money for that work !!!!!!

Thanks for sharing David.........I to thought they would have done replacements hanging from a chopper?

Cheers Alley

Even i was flinching. I hate things that move and sway. denfinatly would be taking the fast way down tho. vertical climbs are hard, you would be very fit to do it.

Some folk just enjoy this sort of thing actually.... but I suspect a fairly tiny minority!

Then again how many people think you are crazy nuts floating around below a piece of fabric like an oversized kids kite with a lawnmower engine attached?

Great Video, mate.Going back to the original Video.I dont think the Occupational Health and Safety people would be Very Happy.Guys not having their Harness secured at all times.Your Video, shows a safer way of doing things I think.Cheers

Guest disperse

Without any shame what so ever. I can proudly state that I do not have anywhere near big enough Ka Huna's for that job.

Ps

TWO mistakes in the commentary. 1)if lighting comes there is NO FAST WAY DOWN. wrong there is a fast way, just not advisable. 2) at the end he say's " And thats how YOU" get to the top of a transmission tower. WRONG AGAIN.

TOP VID

Guest davidh10
My old heli school at maroochydore Qld

Interesting. I didn't see any measures to equalise electrical potentials between the helicopter and the tower. It usually isn't a good idea to use a person to discharge the static build-up. It isn't the person that is supposed to light-up!