Two hurt in aircrash drama.

farri

I`m sorry to have just learned that my old mate Bob Harris, a top GA instructor,who has run Hinchinbrook Air Services and put many pilots in the air,for most of his adult life,has had an accident and crashed on Mount Coleridge in the Tully area.

The accident occured yesterday, the 17th.

Frank.

1674383062_PlaneCrash..thumb.jpg.6b59f598db01c592404cdfa9e7c04f98.jpg

I`m sorry to have just learned that my old mate Bob Harris, a top GA instructor,who has run Hinchinbrook Air Services and put many pilots in the air,for most of his adult life,has had an accident and crashed on Mount Coleridge in the Tully area.Frank.

News like this is always sad to hear, but even more so if he's mate.

We can only pray that he has a full and speedy recovery.

Timely activation of the emergency beacon, may well prove to be the savior of the pair of them. Lets hope so.

PD, In our mid teens to our mid twenties,Bob and I played guitar in pop bands together,he was best man to Fran and I at our wedding.

Bob would say," I`m going to be a pilot", we would think,"Oh Yeah" and envy him,well he did become a pilot and he became a bloody damn good one.

I`ll go and visit him in hospital as soon as possible and let you all know of his condition.

Frank.

Incorrect Reporting.

I`ve been in contact with,Mundoo Airport Safety Reporting Officer,Mr Carlo Prete,and he has confirmed that in fact, Mr Bob Harris was not involved in the accident and is not injured in any way.

What else can I say except, Sorry, to anyone adversly affected by the article, Yet another example of Incorrect reporting.

Frank.

Hi MDM. No it doesn`t make it any better for those involved.

A local friend of mine,also a pilot,decided to investigate the story and Googled the Cairns Post article,he found several conflicting pieces of reporting,it appears they simply got it wrong.

Frank.

reporting errors

Couple years ago our car was involved in a fairly large accident (one of 5 vehicles), front page of the paper was our car, under it was the report. Funny thing was the colour of the car in the report was different to the glaring big picture above it. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Good to hear all appears well frank, Isn't it a small world !....I've known you for a few years , and I've known Bob Harris for a few years, but I never knew you two were in a band together...or that you were even close friends !!......................Ross...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

yesterday was in a local company chasing glass, receptionist knows i am an aviator.......she mentions this incident, did i know the pilot etc etc........then tells me her husband attended to the site, he being innisfail copper. She then tells me that there were no injuries, and the plane was UNDAMAGED.............madam i says, it has to be damaged, coz it came down in forest...............no she says, my husband said it was undamaged, and he would know.........................i left with my glass......shaking me head.i_dunnoi_dunno

Guest Maj Millard

Assuming it was a 172, when I flew them in the past I often considered the option of putting one into trees if I had to. Slowed right down with flaps and switches/fuel off it would probabily be possible to park one in a tree top at about 42 kts ??. Obviosly there would have to be some damage, you'd be very lucky if there was none at all....................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Ross,I watched the original vidio footage on the local TV news, taken from the rescue hellicopter and the aircraft couldn`t be seen for the density of the trees.

The 25 year old student released an orange flare which was seen by the chopper crew who said that if it wasn`t for the flare they would have taken a lot longer to find the AC.

Frank.